User Name Meaning

When I first started to get into cars, I remember the Castrol GTX commercials...always ended with "Drive Hard", for some reason that always caught my attention, and was my go-to oil as a youngster. When I first signed up on this forum back in 2003, it was the first thing that came to mind.

drivehard.PNG

Originally Posted by Donald
Mine was hard to come up with.

Mine too.

I travel from town to town secretly mowing the yards of strangers who fail to see the value of a well groomed lawn. All of this is done on my trusty silver lawn tractor.

When I was a kid we were so poor we lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the street because the neighbours wouldn't allow us on their front lawns. We were lucky we had a box that had contained a French Provincial colour TV-radio-phonograph combination. It was big enough for all 14 of us.

I had to walk to school 10 miles and 10 miles back every day, in raging blizzards at 40 below, barefoot and uphill both ways.

But now, ironically, I live in a house at the top of a hill, and of a quiet summer evening I sit on the porch with a fine cigar and snifter of brandy and watch my peasants far below weed my fields and change the oil in my car, cleverly disguised as a 2008 Chevy so I can safely make my weekly rounds collecting rent on their wattle-and-daub huts and raise their taxes.

https://youtu.be/_nL6isGPhzk

I've been in IT for quite a while and got started managing a couple of ancient RHEL boxes running an old intranet. Then was managing some Debian/Ubuntu boxes while mainly supporting Windows Servers. Now I am 99.9% Windows, crazy how it be.

I was in a bar outside Subic Bay with guys from my unit and a bar girl who was [censored] off when I wouldn't tell her my name or give her the time of day saw my tattoos and began calling me Ink.

Originally Posted by Gebo
With all the different user names of everyone, what's the meaning or how'd you come up with your username?

MIne is from my Grandma. Ya gotta understand, she named all her chickens, roosters, guineas, etc.

She first started calling me Gary Boy. Then she went to "G Boy." Then she went to "G Bo."

Tada...GEBO

My dad called me Mola while he was alive (I still have no idea what that meant) and I couldn't spell, so MolaKule kinda stuck.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by Gebo
With all the different user names of everyone, what's the meaning or how'd you come up with your username?

MIne is from my Grandma. Ya gotta understand, she named all her chickens, roosters, guineas, etc.

She first started calling me Gary Boy. Then she went to "G Boy." Then she went to "G Bo."

Tada...GEBO

My dad called me Mola while he was alive (I still have no idea what that meant) and I couldn't spell, so MolaKule kinda stuck.
grin2.gif

Do you pronounce it like "molacule"? Or "MOW LAH COOL"?

I always give high quality advice on various topics and post jobs trying to help people.

I have the same user name on a few different forums.

Last edited:
I started using this or variations of it back in the late 90's when I started playing FPS games online. I hated how everyone had a username that tried way too hard to make them sound cool, like 'KingAwesomeKillerBroDude99' so I came up with mine which was pretty much the antithesis of theirs. It was also more satisfying when I beat them.

Now I've used it on any online community I'm a member of. It amuses me when people make fun of it like it hurts my feelings which tells me a lot about other users.

Derived from a former vehicle, I guess I should consider a change to something less transient.
21.gif

When I was young I asked my grandma for a fake name to use online. She said joe green and I have used that for everything since

Remote data module (Are dee em) A device used to sign on to Parkeon fare boxes for transit busses to record fare transactions.

There was this guy named dave that I really hated, so I buried him in the desert and assumed his identity. This was the 9th time I had to do that. There are just so many daves and so little time.

Back