Used oil disposal in other countries

Good evening folks. My question is what happens to used oil collected in other countries. Is it burned for power, rerefined or?

Thank You

Save the oil and filters and turn them into our local hazardous waste depot run by the city.
I make a "run" or two a year.

Items they accept.....
  • medicines and supplements
  • sharps (syringes, needles and lancets)
  • household and car batteries
  • butane lighters and cylinders
  • kerosene and gasoline
  • vehicle fluids (windshield washer, motor oil, antifreeze, transmission and brake fluid)
  • glues and cements
  • paint materials (paints, thinners, turpentine, paint strippers, stains and preservatives)
  • rust removers
  • ammonia
  • aerosol cans with product left in them (bug sprays, air fresheners, paint, etc.)
  • drain openers and oven cleaners
  • fire extinguishers
  • fertilizers, weed and bug killers
  • propane tanks and cylinders
  • pool chemicals
  • fluorescent tubes and thermometers

Save the oil and filters and turn them into our local hazardous waste depot run by the city.
I make a "run" or two a year.

Items they accept.....
  • medicines and supplements
  • sharps (syringes, needles and lancets)
  • household and car batteries
  • butane lighters and cylinders
  • kerosene and gasoline
  • vehicle fluids (windshield washer, motor oil, antifreeze, transmission and brake fluid)
  • glues and cements
  • paint materials (paints, thinners, turpentine, paint strippers, stains and preservatives)
  • rust removers
  • ammonia
  • aerosol cans with product left in them (bug sprays, air fresheners, paint, etc.)
  • drain openers and oven cleaners
  • fire extinguishers
  • fertilizers, weed and bug killers
  • propane tanks and cylinders
  • pool chemicals
  • fluorescent tubes and thermometers

Thank Yiu Danni 🇨🇦🇺🇸

I’ve seen some real hell holes. They drain it on the ground or into a pan. The oil is either trashed or dumped or maybe used as an accelerant for burning trash 180 degrees from the standard we are held to.

I’ve seen some real hell holes. They drain it on the ground or into a pan. The oil is either trashed or dumped or maybe used as an accelerant for burning trash 180 degrees from the standard we are held to.
When I was in the Navy and we had a port visit in Haiti in the early 90’s now that was bad. Sides of the road just piled up with trash, was really bad.

Back