UroFiber 50/50 pad fail with 21mm long throw DA.

I used one of these with a proper 5in backing plate, which fit the pad perfectly. I chose meguires D300 compound (for testing purposes) and spurred the pad after each panel. I was able to start on half the hood, drivers side fender, doors, rear quarter, decklid top, and all the way over to the passenger front door and the pad delaminated badly. Now I know what you are going to say.......yes indeed I should have bought a six pack of them and changed them more often, but I was testing this pad before i commited to purchasing a bunch of them. Can anyone confirm if these are certified for long throw polishers like 21MM throw?

Conversely if I use a meguires microfiber cutting pad, over time the inside of the foam breaks down and clumps up in the middle to form a ball. Only when used on long throw, never on a 6mm or 9mm throw DA.

Lastly I have not had any brand of good foam pad fail in this way unless it gets caught on a sharp edge, or overloaded with compound.

The urofiber 5050 did cut amazing while it lasted! I only wished I had used the diminishing abrasive 3d one compound instead of D300.....

Long-throw DA's generate a lot of heat. MF generates even more heat. You can somewhat mitigate this by keeping speeds low (3.5 or less), but ultimately, MF pads live a fairly short life on long-throw DA's.

DA wool pads are a better option.

Spur or clean? Big difference
I may be using the wrong term, but I aim the air at the outer edge first to get some good RPM, then quickly redirect the air to the center and work outward to get the compound off, while still maintaining some rpms. When done the pad looks clean.

Back