UPS Worldwide Saver Irritation

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
A big UPS fan here.
They helped me eliminate much foreign fraud that the USPS allows.
But if you ever use the Worldwide Saver rate that is like about $48 for the first pound they will offer you it for $28 if the parcel is 8 ounces or under.

This works well for expediting those small part foreign orders.
That said UPS has started scamming me on this deal.

Five in a row they did me in on.
All far under 8 ounces and that is with the customs labels etc. on the parcel.

One package was only one small seal that was 3 ounces total complete. I caught onto this and purposely sent it that way and kept pictures and even with the parcel on a scale.

With all parcels they exaggerated the weight so they could get the pound fee..like $48.
I have a dispute with them now. If you ship like I do be warned on the 8 ounces deal.

I used USPS exclusively, but you're right on internationals. After losing my shorts on too many foreign orders I just quit altogether.

UPS has an excellent tracking system, but 5% of my shipments were UPS and they accounted for 90% of my damage claims. With big brown I think some packages get through intact simply because they don't have the time to damage all of them. :eek:

I don't use UPS directly anymore and use stamps.com for many reasons.
I had a talk with stamps.com yesterday and UPS updated the rates daily but a big scam is that they do not include and remote area fees etc on the price shown and that is not right because how can you decide how to ship without those details?
So at the end of the month you get nailed with all of those fees.

I don't use UPS directly anymore and use stamps.com for many reasons.
I had a talk with stamps.com yesterday and UPS updated the rates daily but a big scam is that they do not include and remote area fees etc on the price shown and that is not right because how can you decide how to ship without those details?
So at the end of the month you get nailed with all of those fees.
Stamps.com is super shady, I used them years ago. Do not recommend.

PayPal has issues too.
If you use their portal to ship anything only PayPal members get tracking and the rest don't and you get bombed with tracking request.

Before UPS Freight (motor freight line) became TForce, it was common to see freight reweighed and a reweighing fee assessed. Seems to be a UPS policy to make $$$ in a shady way by tacking on bogus fees.

Before UPS Freight (motor freight line) became TForce, it was common to see freight reweighed and a reweighing fee assessed. Seems to be a UPS policy to make $$$ in a shady way by tacking on bogus fees.
Were your weights wrong ? If you weigh your shipments, keep track of your weight and use that to dispute. Make sure your scale is calibrated though.

One package was only one small seal that was 3 ounces total complete. I caught onto this and purposely sent it that way and kept pictures and even with the parcel on a scale.

With all parcels they exaggerated the weight so they could get the pound fee..like $48.
I have a dispute with them now.
Here's an idea, though not convenient, but it might "resolve" this going forward: Take a few shipments to a UPS center and have them weigh them. Have them print a ticket or receipt and hang on to it. Use that weight when you process the shipment. If they "re-weigh" it, tell them the weight came from a UPS scale. I'd then threaten to escalate it to get them to refund the overage amounts from previous shipments.

Who doesn't include those fees, stamps.com ? If you use a UPS system, it factors those in and tells you the FULL, all extra fees included, price.

Yes stamps.com is responsible for that and I told them exactly what you just said. If it isn't all inclusive then that should be noted but that's not even proper as their website would show that upfront and that allows you to choose other options. So we have two parties doing the wrong thing

I filed for 5 parcels and will eventually just dump both.

How much does stamps.com charge you for (later) ? If they're inflating the charges, that's even worse, but your argument is you would have charged your customers the full amount instead of having to eat it, yeah ?

This is ironic, huh ? 🤣 Look at the "Similar threads" section.

1682892378438.jpg

Were your weights wrong ? If you weigh your shipments, keep track of your weight and use that to dispute. Make sure your scale is calibrated though.
No, the weights weren't wrong. Often the new weight UPS Freight claimed was crazy high. It smacked of a scam.

My employer ships certain things that have a standard packaging and a uniform weight of about 230 lb (100 kg). When a reweigh claims the thing weighs 800 lb, something's wrong.

TForce isn't any better, by the way.

When a reweigh claims the thing weighs 800 lb, something's wrong.
Do you have a sales rep ? If so, get them involved. Is the reweigh always done at your local terminal or somewhere else along the route ? We're similar in that we have standard and fairly consistent weights of items so add the products + pallet + a little cushion and we haven't had many issues. If anything, we over-estimated....

TForce isn't any better, by the way.
Same people - auditors, managers, etc - at your terminal so it could very well just be the culture at that location.

How much does stamps.com charge you for (later) ? If they're inflating the charges, that's even worse, but your argument is you would have charged your customers the full amount instead of having to eat it, yeah ?

This is ironic, huh ? 🤣 Look at the "Similar threads" section.

View attachment 153443
Nope...no idea on what stamps.com adds unless you go parcel by parcel. I used UPS direct for decades before the internet and after. Even in the old days they would surcharge afterwards.
In stamps.com defence I have used them for many years and they do not upcharge me on USPS. UPS seems to be the issue but I have had that issue with them before. But when I need extra protection on foreign orders they provide it.
My customers pay a flat rate and I eat extras not them.
All shipping services have issues.
My customers dictate how items are shipped because I use all providers. Options and pricing are provided upfront.

I took two parcels to the UPS depot this AM and the clerk certified the price I paid and wrote on my receipt my weight was correct and the service used was correct. We shall see

Stamps.com beats every price on Paypal shipping. That said I sent one of those sub 8ounce specials via PayPal and I will see if they do a massive surcharge on it.

Stamps.com beats every price on Paypal shipping.
By how much, like 5% cheaper or 20%? I guess it's worth the $20 subscription fee when you ship a lot. I use PayPal ship station and thought I was getting the best pricing already, like a 10% discount over USPS counter rates.

By how much, like 5% cheaper or 20%? I guess it's worth the $20 subscription fee when you ship a lot. I use PayPal ship station and thought I was getting the best pricing already, like a 10% discount over USPS counter rates.
It is so varied it can be pennies to many dollars. Stamps gives you more options like media mail and basic mail with no tracking etc .
My problem with Paypal is at times it is so slow to do an order that it is frustrating and the multiple windows and hoops you have to go through.
The thrill for stamps in the day was the ability to cut and paste the address back when USPS.com was a type in fiasco.
Of course PayPal has that now but the interface is painfully slow to me..

Try it free for 30 days and dump it if it isn't for you

This is the desktop app, and they have a web version.
I cut it for size here.

stamps3.JPG

Back