Update on 2004 "Tic Tac" UFO Encounter by F/A-18s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow

After carefully considering the possible meanings of Shannow’s message, especially in the context of the thread’s debate, I came to the conclusion that such a succint message cannot be interpreted other than as a hasty “end of transmission / communication”. Which suggests that some kind of urgent, unexpected and unopposable situation has occured.

Ladies and gentlemen, I fear that the last defender of the hydrodinamic regime has been abducted. From now on we are all alone at the mercy of the green 0W16 hordes.

50.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
........ There never was any mention of dead aliens for another thirty some year. The glue that has held this totally fabricated tale of aliens among us has been the idea of a government cover up to keep the public from panicking......

That's exactly what it was. People right away start in with the whole, "government cover up nonsense". And as you pointed out, it always happens later rather than sooner. The government doesn't know anymore than anyone else does... Which is a grand total of nothing.

Years ago I was between jobs so I drove truck out of the line drivers local. I was driving for Mervyn's department store . I picked up the truck and trailers at the warehouse in Hayward California and I had to drop and pick a trailer in Visalia then do the same at Bakersfield , then return to the warehouse in Hayward . Between Visalia and Bakersfields off in the distance I saw a swirling disc. Fear over came me at the thought of an alien space ship. What the heck , I decided that I am going to see it . About fifteen minutes later I approached the UFO and could see it clearly. The swirling disc was the lights on the Goodyear Blimp. Buy Goodyear Tires buy Goodyear tires, buy Good year tires.
grin.gif

I used to believe in UFO's until I had the pleasure of listing to a lecture from Dr. Harley Rutledge at PSU in the 80's. They come here from another ?? decode our language and hide from his observer but when the good DR tells him where to look. BUT, they are totally confused when he uses PIG LATIN. The camouflage their UFO as a plane, but get the red and green lights backwards. At the time he was supposed to be our foremost UFO researcher.

Best part is my entire Physics class including the professor believed him hook line and sinker. I was the only skeptic. I did win a few over. Not all.

Rod

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
I used to believe in UFO's until I had the pleasure of listing to a lecture from Dr. Harley Rutledge at PSU in the 80's. They come here from another ?? decode our language and hide from his observer but when the good DR tells him where to look. BUT, they are totally confused when he uses PIG LATIN. The camouflage their UFO as a plane, but get the red and green lights backwards. At the time he was supposed to be our foremost UFO researcher.

Best part is my entire Physics class including the professor believed him hook line and sinker. I was the only skeptic. I did win a few over. Not all.

Rod

I'm still left wondering what is meant by "believe in UFOs".

Pilots in particular see lots of things that don't make sense, initially. Perhaps they don't ever make sense.

Those, by definition, are "Unidentified Flying Objects". So, having a seen a few things that weren't initially clear to me, sure, I "believe" in optical illusions.

But, if you're suggesting that "believe in UFOs" means that people are catching sight of aliens in spacecraft visiting Earth, well, perhaps we should call that belief in "LGM" - Little Green Men.

And while UFOs will always be with us (human perception wasn't built for flight) - I don't believe that anyone has seen an LGM.

We are probably not alone in the universe, but that doesn't mean that LGMs are visiting us and flying around in our atmosphere.

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
LGM ? Come on , that is so 60's . Don't you know , most of them are Greys ?

Hard to keep up when you're not among the "faithful"...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I'm still left wondering what is meant by "believe in UFOs". Pilots in particular see lots of things that don't make sense, initially. Perhaps they don't ever make sense. Those, by definition, are "Unidentified Flying Objects". So, having a seen a few things that weren't initially clear to me, sure, I "believe" in optical illusions.

But, if you're suggesting that "believe in UFOs" means that people are catching sight of aliens in spacecraft visiting Earth, well, perhaps we should call that belief in "LGM" - Little Green Men. And while UFOs will always be with us (human perception wasn't built for flight) - I don't believe that anyone has seen an LGM. We are probably not alone in the universe, but that doesn't mean that LGMs are visiting us and flying around in our atmosphere.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head, so to speak. You cannot eliminate the connection of UFO's to, "Little Green Men". It's been there from day one, and it always will be there. To try and get away with saying only that, "Unidentified objects are simply...... unidentified", doesn't automatically pull the disconnect lever to, "Little Green Men".

Optical illusions exist everywhere. On land, sea, and in the air and space. Some can be explained, while others cannot. Just because they cannot doesn't give them any credence to life coming from somewhere else. The conspiracy theorists all love this. And right away try to inject the usual nonsense of, "government cover ups" and the like. They all feel by dragging the government into it, it automatically makes their claims more viable. Just like the Kennedy assassination. When in reality all it does is attract the support of every nut case who reads it. Assuming they can tear themselves away from all the "evidence" on the grassy knoll, or Roswell.

Common sense is never common with these people, because it destroys their hopes and dreams they all so desperately want to believe. Are there, "things that can't be identified or explained"? Of course. So what? None of it puts us any closer to visitors from another world. Anymore than the government takes away the fact Oswald got lucky with a cheap rifle for 2 out of 3 shots.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
bill..."unidentified"...doesn't mean "little green men"...what I've been saying.

Not directly, no. But there is never a conversation on this subject, including this one, where the connection does not get made. And usually by far more than one person. Saying that, "unidentified means unidentified" is saying nothing.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Not directly, no.

Not at all..ever

Saying that, "unidentified means unidentified" is saying nothing.

I also said that they are quite highly likely "ours", just that we don't know about them yet...
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp80b01676r004000110001-7
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80B01676R004000110001-7.pdf

edit...posted about it ages ago
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4182181/FOIA_CIA_doc_on_the_U2,_A12,_a
Link I embedded has turned into Balkans, not the document referenced

Last edited:
"Operation Blue Book" again? Seriously? You really want to keep taking that trip to Fantasy Land? That whole thing has turned into nothing more than a phone book for UFO quacks.

"Operation Blue Book" again? Seriously? You really want to keep taking that trip to Fantasy Land? That whole thing has turned into nothing more than a phone book for UFO quacks.

You don't consider CIA FOIA more relevant then wiki ???

........ There never was any mention of dead aliens for another thirty some year. The glue that has held this totally fabricated tale of aliens among us has been the idea of a government cover up to keep the public from panicking......

That's exactly what it was. People right away start in with the whole, "government cover up nonsense". And as you pointed out, it always happens later rather than sooner. The government doesn't know anymore than anyone else does... Which is a grand total of nothing.
The so called "government" can't cover up anything to the extent that it trips over its own shadow. People don't stop to consider just how many individuals would be involved maintaining a facility that exists just to sequester the remains of aliens killed at the so called Roswell crash. And every one of those thousands who work or had worked at that facility kept their mouth shut. No leaks. The only way two people can keep a secret is if one on them dies. How many federal employees would have been involved in a conspiracy like that over the last seventy some years? And no one leaked a word. A former disgraced president couldn't keep the cat in the bag over a simple breaking and entering spelled Watergate. Once two young Washington Post reporters started snooping around, those cat burglars were falling over each other to be the first to tell all.
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

The so called "government" can't cover up anything to the extent that it trips over its own shadow. People don't stop to consider just how many individuals would be involved maintaining a facility that exists just to sequester the remains of aliens killed at the so called Roswell crash. And every one of those thousands who work or had worked at that facility kept their mouth shut. No leaks. The only way two people can keep a secret is if one on them dies. How many federal employees would have been involved in a conspiracy like that over the last seventy some years? And no one leaked a word. A former disgraced president couldn't keep the cat in the bag over a simple breaking and entering spelled Watergate. Once two young Washington Post reporters started snooping around, those cat burglars were falling over each other to be the first to tell all.

Agree 100%. The government couldn't cover up Watergate, Iran Contra, or the My Lai Massacre. But we're supposed to believe they have no problem covering up faking the Moon landings. Or that we "attacked ourselves" on 9/11. Or better still, have hidden "bodies" of aliens that "crashed" at Roswell for over 70 years.

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
And you belieave the Warren Commission Report ?

Don't be too hard on the Warren Commission. They had a lot on their plate. You have to remember as they were trying to figure out how many guys were on the grassy knoll, along with who was sticking gun barrels out of sewer drains, they were also burning the midnight oil, working on the criteria that was going to be utilized to fake the Moon landings. Which at the time were less than 6 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back