Union 76 10-30, '00 Honda Odyssey, 4211

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil had approximately 50/50 city/highway miles. While I have generally used M-1 in my other vehicles, a local Seattle area shop sold me a $99 lifetime oil change deal. Figured I could get good performance/value doing 4000 OIC. Hopefully at 200k miles I won't regret it.

We didn't make any trips to Canada - was wondering if Canadian formulations get sold in the Seattle market. BTW this a fantastic site - members have an incredible amount of knowledge to share.

2000 Honda Odyssey, 3.5L V-6, Mileage: 72,093
OIC: 4,211 miles Oil Type: Union 76 Super 10/30
Makeup Oil: 0 Oil Filter: NAPA

Aluminum 3/4
Chromium 1/1
Iron 12/16
Copper 6/42
Lead 0/1
Tin 0/1
Molybdenum 0/42
Nickel 0/0
Manganese 33/3
Silver 0/0
Titanium 0/0
Potassium 0/1
Boron 7/59
Silcon 3/10
Sodium 3/6
Calcium 2269/2178
Magnesium 6/344
Phosphorus 785/747
Zinc 984/901
Barium 1/0

SUS-Viscosity@210F 61.9
Flashpoint 390F
Fuel % Antifreeze % 0
Water % 0
Insolubles % .2

Blackstone Comments: The only unusual find in this sample was the manganese, which is an additive in Canadian gas, so we don't see it all that often. It is certainly not hurting anything in your Honda. The universal averages column shows typical wear from this type of engine after 5600 miles on the oil. Your oil was in use 4211 miles, and wear read well below those averages. The TBN read 2.2, so the oil had some, not a lot of active additive remaining. We think you could go longer on the oil if you wanted & suggest 5000 miles for the next sample. Wear should still look great.

Nice report-you should be happy. Silicon is great and the oil is still in grade. Life is good-thanks for posting.

And
welcome.gif

quote:

Originally posted by csandste:
Is this a unique oil or are all Conoco Phillips oils similar?

csandste, I have looked at the different Conoco dino brands, which include, 76, Phillips, Kendall, Conoco and Motorcraft oils. The only two that look similar to me are the Conoco and the Motorcraft dino oils. -Joe

Good report! Whatever you do, do not mess with the air filter and related ducting. Your silicon is awesome!
Rick

Thanks for the welcome and feedback on the results. At what point are the additives depleted from the oil? I noticed that the TBN is 2.2. Is this a concern if I stick with 4500 miles between oil changes. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Tom Y:
I noticed that the TBN is 2.2. Is this a concern if I stick with 4500 miles between oil changes. Thanks!

That's a close call. Winter driving will affect the oil if the car has long warm up periods ect vs the warmer run you just made . Might want to lower the interval or not exceed the miles this one went rather .

Hey , while your here, a forum I frequent talks about the Lubegard Engine Flush as some good stuff and they are based in Washington St. Ever hear feedback from anyone using it or see it at the parts stores ?

Motorbike if my old memory isnt playing tricks on me Terry Dyson said this was good stuff but in most cases you can get the same result for less money with Auto-RX.

Oops! Sorry, didnt notice how old this post was.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back