TV shows you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dblshock
I gave up om TV after the Rockford Files was dropped...seriously.

Rockford Files is the very best... still can be found on local broadcast stations like Cozi TV from time to time.

The is Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number... and I will get back to you bleep...

"This is Shirley at the bank. The answers are: no, no, and yes. No, we won't loan you money. No, we won't accept any co-signers; and yes, your account's overdrawn. I get off at 4:30."

"Jim, it's Jack. I'm at the airport. I'm going to Tokyo and I want to pay you the $500 I owe you. Catch you next year when I get back."

"Hiya, Jimmy, it's cousin Lou. Going to be in town a coupla days. Know you won't mind putting us up. It's just me and Aunt Sissy and B.J. and the kids and little Freddie."

"Jim, thanks for taking little Billy fishing, he had a great time. Turns out he really wasn't seasick. Um, have you ever had chicken pox?"

"Okay, Jimbo, Dennis. I know you're in there. And I know you know it's ticket season again. Policeman's Ball and all that. So come to the door when I knock this time. I know you're in there."

Mr. Rockford, Arthur's Hi-Fi. Your stereo is ready, but since your warranty expired in the two months it was in our shop, you'll have to pay the $60 on the repair."

Last edited:
Magnum P.I. has a tone similar to Rockford. Many of the behind the scenes people are the same.The last episode of Rockford was in Hawaii for no reason. I read somewhere the producers were scouting locations for Magnum and it was a good excuse for a free vacation for everyone involved.

I've loved just about everything that James Garner was in, especially his spoofy westerns, Support Your Local Gunfighter and Support Your Local Sherrif.

Greggory Peck is probably my all time favorite.

I don't watch new shows that are still going on as I dont want to get committed to a show and it get cancelled. The only really new shows I watch that are still airing and being filmed are Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, Bob's Burgers, Orville, anddd occasionally...Steve Wilkos, lol.

I watch mainly MLB (Tampa Bay), shows about Tiny Houses and news if I'm watching something on the air.

Other than that, my favorite FINISHED shows include MASH (all time favorite), Home Improvement (2nd favorite show of all time), Star Trek TNG, My Favorite Martian, Mr Bean, MST3K, Elvira, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, 3rd Rock from the Sun, That 70s Show, and Bob Vila. If any of those are on or avaliable to watch while I skim through, I'll put them on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
FOX News

Only Sean and Tucker Carlson. Lately it's been NCIS, BlueBlood, Chicago PD. More into radio listening with Rush or Joe Pags. Wish they could have the Honda network or something like that

Currently, TNT's Animal Kingdom is likely at the top. Ellen Barkin is excellent, as is the rest of the cast. Also enjoy The Resident and The Good Doctor, both currently on hiatus.

We've been watching some shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime,

Psych (favorite one)
Burn notice
Endeavor
Father Brown

I have been binging Law and Order lately. I find myself watching lot's of older cop shows, NYPD Blue is the best ever!

If you think about it there are so many cop shows new and old it's crazy.

Battlebots, The incredible Dr. Pol, Grey's Anatomy, and any documentary on WWII, the Kennedy assassination, or Bonnie and Clyde...

Originally Posted by HemiBenny

Psych (favorite one)
Burn notice
Endeavor
Father Brown

Psych and Burn Notice are very good.
That reminds me of another great show, Monk.

Oh, and Quantum Leap.
One of the best TV theme intro's, right up there with "The Equalizer" and "Knight Rider"

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Oh, and Quantum Leap.
One of the best TV theme intro's, right up there with "The Equalizer" and "Knight Rider"

The original McGyver was cool too

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Oh, and Quantum Leap.

For good music in a television show, you cannot forget Miami Vice!

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Currently Yellowstone and Perry Mason.

Love Yellowstone...glad they brought it back for another season.ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Oil_Whisperer
Originally Posted by HemiBenny

Psych (favorite one)
Burn notice
Endeavor
Father Brown

Psych and Burn Notice are very good.
That reminds me of another great show, Monk.

We enjoyed Monk as well. We watched that series a few years ago.

Does anybody remember "Baa Baa Black Sheep" sometimes called "Black Sheep Squadron" ?
I enjoyed that, also another WW2 show called "Combat".

I also liked "Hill Street Blues", "The Saint", "Dr Who", "Star Trek" and "Blake's Seven"

Already mentioned Rockford Files and Magnum PI (I still want a 308 GTB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back