Turned off unnecesary XP services,now can't change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I turned off a few of the unnecessary XP services that i read about in a few sites and now I can't change them back at all. I right click and the menu comes up but if I click properties,nothing happens. If I try to start, I get error 1068. Now what?

Also, Error 1068 is a dependency service or group failed to start error. You seem to have disabled a service that another service you are trying to use "depends" on and needs to be running in order to use it. If you can remember which services you disabled, go back to them and enable them. If you right click a service and go to "Properties" then click on the "Dependencies" tab, you will see a list of other services that service requires to be running in order to function. Make sure all of these are running and started before trying to enable that service.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I turned off a few of the unnecessary XP services that i read about in a few sites and now I can't change them back at all. I right click and the menu comes up but if I click properties,nothing happens. If I try to start, I get error 1068. Now what?

As mentioned you turned off some necessary services. Turn them all back on.. then off a couple at a time.. till you figure out your issue.

Alternatively fresh install windows again. and start over.

Originally Posted By: Killer223
dude, install Linux. it's every bit as fast as XP, and no viri.

+1. Installed Lubuntu on an old, slow XP Toshiba and it's been great so far for basic things like surfing the web on a "beater" second computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back