Turkey Fryers

Gonna fry another turkey for Thanksgiving, does anybody save the old oil and reuse. have my old peanut oil but not sure if I want to reuse. :unsure:

I have reused frying oil but after a week its nasty, so not much longer then that. I dont fry at all now now that I'm older, I'd rather bake. Might get an air fryer sometime, a friend made some really good catfish about a month ago, I couldnt tell the difference.

Do you refrigerate it?
I know unused (fresh?) vegetable oil keeps a while as I don't go through a bottle fast and every time I use some I taste it and there's nothing wrong.
Four years??

When a box of frying oil hit $30, I cringed. I noticed a few days ago that my local hardware store had the oil for $60. That product will not be jumping into my shopping cart this year.
I've had this rotisserie cooker for about five years. The biggest advantage of using it is that it uses a lot less oil.
I know when I purchased mine, it was under half of what they want now.
Menards used to have this on severe markdowns a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, but I haven't looked at their latest flier.
I have other plans for Thanksgiving this year, so I guess it's all mute.
Rotisserie cooker

I have run mine thru a coffee filter and kept it in the freezer with no ill effect on the oil. I think if the oil doesn't overheat when cooking, it is reusable a few times.

Back