After Thanksgiving Dinner Nap Or NFL Football + Thanksgiving Menu

As far back as I can remember, at my grandparents' home, the family women would clean up after dinner and the men and boys would lay/sit in the living room taking naps and/or watching the NFL games. How did/does your family do it after the Thanksgiving dinner?
My son fried a 12 lb. turkey, and I bought a honey baked ham. Plus, I made all of the trimmings. My lady friend and my son's g/f made desserts, strawberry cheesecake and red velvet cake.

Everyone watching the Giants/Cowboys game. Letting food settle before Pumpkin and/or Apple Pie and coffee. Life is good.

It was always a nap while the Lions were getting pummeled by somebody. The Lions have been mediocre or worse longer than most fans have been alive (65 years!). This year they are finally turning things around but years of experience tell me not to get my hopes up.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you BITOGers.

Last couple years.....I've bought a Thanksgiving heat & serve dinner from Cracker Barrel & help my wife heat, serve & clean up afterwards, We both work full time jobs so no way I would expect her to do everything.

We ate early.....At around 10am & got the dishes done about half way through the first quarter of the Lions-Bills game, There was some GOOD football today, Won $160 betting the Cowboys wouldn't cover the spread, I'm a Cowboys fan but I knew they wouldn't cover 9.5 on a short week against a divisional rival.

I ate my usual tiny piece of smoked turkey covered in hot sauce to mask the taste of the aforementioned tiny piece of turkey. :sick: Pigged out on the smoked ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, yams etc. Watched the Cowboys/Giants game 🏈then the Duke/Oregon State basketball game.🏀 👍

My sister and her husband had Thanksgiving this year. We hosted it last year. My wife and my mother and another sister enjoyed the usual Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fresh buns, stuffing, cranberries and creamed corn with other fixings. Plus pumpkin pie and whipped cream. The game was on and my brother in law watched it while the rest of us just talked for a couple hours then we went home. I had been watching Netflix "Manifest series however my wife over-ruled and I was stuck watching a couple Hallmark movies ugh.

Back