Tungsten FM in Molygen (LM) Oil... Unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: weasley
Tungsten .... I have to say I haven't seen anything using it since the olden days of Castrol.
Its back, baby. Actually Archoil uses it in some of their stuff, among other products that have come from the NASA spin-off https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2015/ip_7.html .
It does indeed have similar properties to moly FM. Flat plating shapes (.8 micron):
TEM_WS2_8020CH.jpg

Another discussion here: https://www.ws2coating.com/blog/a-comparison-of-tungsten-disulfide-and-molybdenum-disulfide/

Appears like the usual moly works about as well in motor oil.
Unless LiquiMoly can supply us with some reliable info to back up their 15%-30% FM-AW claims. Not holding my breath.

About the origin of the "W" atomic symbol, you're all wrong. Apply strategery to the mystery there. Its W in honor of George "W" Bush, the 43rd president. Proof: Bush was the 43rd pres, and Technetium 43 is diagonally adjacent to W on the periodic table.... Coincidence? Well the Da Vinci Code stuff was real too.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
About the origin of the "W" atomic symbol, you're all wrong. Apply strategery to the mystery there. Its W in honor of George "W" Bush, the 43rd president. Proof: Bush was the 43rd pres, and Technetium 43 is diagonally adjacent to W on the periodic table.... Coincidence? Well the Da Vinci Code stuff was real too.

So we have to teach the world to call it dubya now??

What I want to know...is our BITOGers learning???

BTW, we all know W is for Walker...Bush I's father came from a prominent family, but really hit the jackpot when he married into the Walker family and became VP at his father-in-law's investment bank. I know the Herbert family (George HW Bush) was also a prominent family the Bush family married into, but cannot find the details right now.

Last edited:
Molygen is for real as far as using elevated levels of friction modifier. Combined tungsten and moly PPM is 272. .... I will go with SonOfJoe's comments above that moly works about as well though. There are other oils on the market that have 200+ ppm of moly, not many do, but some do.
I'm currently using a 900 ppm moly 0w-20, which is an outlier Japanese oil.
Do we need tungsten? Might not.

For a car that might leak, the flourescent green dye is good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back