Truck Step

Saw one of these in a video - didn't know they existed:

I can see this being quite useful for taller pickups and SUV's. Does anyone have one?
They are a must when climbing up our big trucks (7 and 12 ton trucks, or tractors). I’ve never used one on a pickup or passenger truck, but I could see them being handy with how tall they are getting these days. When I worked on passenger vehicles we typically removed wheels while on a lift and could set the truck at the perfect height to work on (although I’m tall, so perfect height sometimes was just the way it came in, or even lifted a little higher than road height).

I was eyeing them in JCW way back when I had a bike rack on the roof of my full-size Bronco. But I never got one. Always figured I'd drive off with it on the tire anyhow

I built something similar when I drove semi trucks. AutoZone has one in stock ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-172511.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-172511.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
My son added this to his 2023 Ram 1500. It works pretty good.

Step

I put a 2 step ladder in my truck for grabbing things.

Just my $0.02.
Ya'll remember when you reach into the bed of a truck and pick up something like a tackle box or a shovel. The sides of my bed are darn near shoulder high on a STOCK F150.

Thanks truck makers. I'll admit that the cabin is nice and spacious. It's like the deck of the Starship Enterprise. But the bed...... oof.

The only thing that I have trouble with is I'm 5'-3" on a good day. It's difficult to describe, but when I need a step for leaning over a fender, the step needs to be positioned away from the fender and not close like those tire steps.

For that price, I'd get one to try. It's Amazon so you can always return it (in most cases for free) if it doesn't work out for you.

Ya'll remember when you reach into the bed of a truck and pick up something like a tackle box or a shovel. The sides of my bed are darn near shoulder high on a STOCK F150.

Thanks truck makers. I'll admit that the cabin is nice and spacious. It's like the deck of the Starship Enterprise. But the bed...... oof.
Yeah that started after the bubble bodies in '04. But I think the far better solution is a frame or bed mounted step just in front of the rear wheels.

Some manufacturers now incorporate this into the sheetmetal and Ford also has OEM steps that spring up and come down when you step on them.

I keep meaning to build something....but never find the time.

Back