Trio of TOTO's

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
After the softener project came the rotted floor project and then finish up with three new Totos and ditching the old stained crappers.

I'm impressed with the Totos ability to suck down even the most voluminous chunks of colon sausage in a single 1.28 gallon flush.
The "when yello let mellow" flush is .68G

The wash-lets are a nice addition takes toilet paper use down 90% and if you are wiling to let it blow dry you fully 100%.
The air cleaner works way better than I thought it would reducing wooden match use 90%- its got some kind of charcoal filter in it thats going on the ever growing consumable list.
The water is warm and the pattern well placed ending the "magic marker" sessions.
The seat heater is nice on cool mornings.
Its got a pre-wet feature that sprinkles the bowl a little thats supposed to cut back on skid marks.

About the only thing it does't do is break out into an Enya song mid dump.

The criticism I have of the wash-let is that
There isnt as much open room as Im used to in the front-but you dont need to get in there to wash your junk so there's that.
It also tilts you forward a bit.
It has left and right wiggle if you move it, but when seated it doenst move.

The skirted mounts are a giant pain, but toto does a good job with the templates and once together really tidy with the throne being easy to clean.

I hate having to spend money on stuff like this.

IMG_3103.jpeg
IMG_3094.jpeg
IMG_3067.jpeg

Bidet, Mate!

Disclaimer: dont read if you are easily offended(lol)
I was at lowes and they were demoing some thunderflush 2000 toilet .. will flush 100 golf ball sized plastic pieces..
I wish I had asked them "how does it do on oversized colon sausage" just to see the looks on their faces.

back more on topic I've been highly surprised how well my cheap builder grade 99$ toilets from 2011 flush compared to the older low water toilets ie 2000's

Last edited:
Little bit like hating to spend money on a fully spec'd out Denali truck. :rolleyes:

Someone else calling the shots on the replacement thrones at your house? Never knew there was such a thing much less needing one.

Nowhere near as fun!
Ive got serious truck envy these days but my old titan has really been awesome after some basic but "special modifications myself" - really only the 3.5 and 6.2 are demonstrably better, but at 18 years old everyone has a newer truck than me but it still looks and runs and hauls everything I currently have with some actual style.

On the whole toilets it was give and take - and highly influenced by the standard sets of visitors.
Mrs Uncle Dave made me a deal, I could pick the non skirted cheaper easier to mount toilets if I clean them.
"Skirted" box checked.

On Toto, Kohler and American Standard that was tough.
Im a Kohler guy guy, but they weren't really any cheaper, and my plumber friends all voted toto as does my 10 figure boss who is an incredible guy...
My world travels exposed me to toto and their bidets in Japan - I like the quality.
If you are getting the bidet they design the toilet for it and the combo is slick.

On this project discovering a rotted floor really sucked.

Mrs. Uncle Dave touching up after install...

IMG_3102.jpeg

Last edited:
You didn’t get the UV light option?

Actually our package was only middle of the road feature wise. closer to low end. There are more sophisticated seats, but the ones I really liked weren't matched to the toilet like the toto so these were a good compromise.

This one has " ionized water" as cleanser though. Kinda slick- but I wonder what it really buys you? Should be a topic........

Last edited:
Actually our package was only middle of the road feature wise. closer to low end. There are more sophisticated seats, but the ones I really liked weren't matched to the toilet like the toto so these were a good compromise.

This one has " ionized water" as cleanser though. Kinda slick- but I wonder what it really buys you? Should be a topic........

I hadn’t heard of that one. Interesting.

I understand some of these have a special coating inside the bowl that makes it slicker. No Ajax powder in those.

My favorite is flying at 36,000 feet on a Japanese airline and using a Toto toilet complete with warm bum wash and all kinds of features. They do save on toilet paper.

I hadn’t heard of that one. Interesting.

I understand some of these have a special coating inside the bowl that makes it slicker. No Ajax powder in those.

My favorite is flying at 36,000 feet on a Japanese airline and using a Toto toilet complete with warm bum wash and all kinds of features. They do save on toilet paper.

Heres the spiel on the bowl coating classic japanese acronym stuff, but no doubt a high quality finish.
seems to work well.

Nice tile and floor in your bathroom. Did you do that yourself?
Thanks

Mrs Uncle Dave did the floor in 2 bathrooms and the shower in the master and the rental house - she's a solid tile layer.
Im relegated to a grunt in this job - moving buckets of demo tile and bringing in new.
I have few to no home reno type skills.

Little bit like hating to spend money on a fully spec'd out Denali truck. :rolleyes:

Someone else calling the shots on the replacement thrones at your house? Never knew there was such a thing much less needing one.

Yeah needed to - These stains were unremovable and came with the house.

The acidic water leeched copper into the old ones and the hardness calcified at the water line.

Pretty standard sierra well water.

We scrubbed the third toilet ring out using a pumice stone but it permanently damaged the porcelain.

We had to fix the water tbefore we could replace the toilets. Hence the softener project first.

IMG_3049 (1).jpeg
IMG_3048 (1).jpeg

Bidet, Mate!

Disclaimer: dont read if you are easily offended(lol)
I was at lowes and they were demoing some thunderflush 2000 toilet .. will flush 100 golf ball sized plastic pieces..
I wish I had asked them "how does it do on oversized colon sausage" just to see the looks on their faces.

back more on topic I've been highly surprised how well my cheap builder grade 99$ toilets from 2011 flush compared to the older low water toilets ie 2000's

What were your 2011 units 1.6's?

It's actually pretty amazing the amount of work it takes to make a toilet flush well.

Well I thought by your thead title you were talking about the weather observation TOTOs from the Midwest which were put in the path of tornadoes....

:LOL:

Second.... Your tile floor layer is way, way, way, way more pretty than 99.999999999999 % of other tile workers.

:LOL:

I just put Toto toilets in my house. I found a local supply place that sells me the Toto Drake model for not much more than a Kohler or American Standard from Home Depot. I started out with one Drake because it was the only one I could find in Bone, and ended up getting 2 more. The quality is noticeably better than the American Standards I would normally buy from the box store.

I installed 2 taller Toto's about 15 years ago, for ease getting on and off.

Wife had managed to clog hers up, about once a year. I finally found out she was using the low (pee) flush ALL the time!

I clean mine with 1/4 cup of bleach about every 3 weeks. That's it! I have been feeding it softened water that whole time, so no lime deposits.

The only downside is that wifey's Toto sometime squeaks to a stop when filling. I haven't yet traced down why.

Back