Transmission wont lock TC when using cruise contro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car: 2010 Mazda 6, 2.5L 5AT-uses Mercon V fluid

When driving at hwy speeds, TC locks up just fine when not using the cruise control regardless of weather going on flat level road or with a slight grade. However, TC will unlock and RPMs jump by about 200-300 as soon as I engage the cruise control. I have called Mazda dealers and none of them seem to know why. I am concerned that it may generate extra unnecessary heat that can cook the fluid and damage the trans, as well as reduced fuel economy.

Is it fully warmed up, and traveling fast enough?

Sorry, can't think of anything else.

That's pretty annoying. Is it throttle by wire or do you have a cable?

I wonder if something in the computer system like a TPS is going screwy when it enters a different mode for cruise mode.

Originally Posted By: 95busa
Does it lock back up?

My thought also; I've had a couple rentals that unlocked when you engaged and then the TC locked up a few moments later. Neither were Mazdas though.

Last edited:
Nope, it will unlock and stay unlocked until either, cruise control is turn off, increase speed to 70 or keep it between 40-50. So between 50-70 cruising speeds it will lock up just fine, as long as i don't use CC. I found a thread on a mazda forum with similar issues, and the dealer agreed that this is strange but did not know what to do...

Dave, The 5AT in your 2010 mazda6 does not use Mercon V fluid. It requires Mazda M V (or M5) atf. This is confusing to Mazda owners. Check out the Mazda forums for confirmation of this. I don't know if you changed your atf, but please use the correct Mazda M-V atf. Ford also has a special P/N for this fluid as they used it for certain models. FWIW

Oldtommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back