Toyota Wiring insulation failed on friends car, is this happening to others?

Honda has the same problem and even sells a special rodent resident wire wrap tape. It has the ingredient Capsaicin which is the "hot" in hot chili peppers. Expensive but if it works it's better than having to pay to repair damages done.

cayenne pepper ftw

30 minutes is plenty. Quite a few got visited in a supermarket parking lot.

But here it's typically not mice or rats.

3099-master.jpg
Oh Jesus a Marder, I hate them little basta... I have seen them a lot of damage in no time. One day I was working on a car, I turned around and the little bugger was watching me, like the second I was done he could go right in and have lunch again. I fixed his good dealing backside with high voltage metal plates, you should have heard the racket when he stepped on them, it was like a shrieking pin ball machine.

This is happening a lot with vehicles that are being used every day and not left sitting somewhere for long periods of time.

I thought that rodents wanted a warm place to nest, which is not going to be under the hood of a vehicle that's been sitting for a long time.

Soy based insulation is what's having a rodent issue. I have rodent and varmit issues here in the country, but they are not eating the wiring on my pre soy based insulation cars.

I thought that rodents wanted a warm place to nest, which is not going to be under the hood of a vehicle that's been sitting for a long time.

they use it to store food aswell, found many a dead pigeon under there. And they use the hood insulation to make nests. And the windscreen washer fluid to get drunk.

they use it to store food aswell, found many a dead pigeon under there. And they use the hood insulation to make nests. And the windscreen washer fluid to get drunk.
Well windshield washer fluid has methanol in it not ethanol so…more like to get poisoned!

Last edited:
Cayenne pepper and peppermint oil FTW.

Oh Jesus a Marder, I hate them little basta... I have seen them a lot of damage in no time. One day I was working on a car, I turned around and the little bugger was watching me, like the second I was done he could go right in and have lunch again. I fixed his good dealing backside with high voltage metal plates, you should have heard the racket when he stepped on them, it was like a shrieking pin ball machine.

I've installed systems like that aswell. Haven't heard the marders, but I've heard mechanics that touched them. :ROFLMAO:

Back