Not open for further replies.
Toyota/Save Mart 350

Sonoma Raceway
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #16 of 36

Sunday, June 23, 2019
Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:13pm/et
Laps/Stages: 90 laps total. Stages end on laps: 20/40/90
Distance: 226.8 miles

Coverage starts at 2PM ET on Fox Sports 1, race coverage at 3PM ET on FS1.

They are running the "full" course with the carousel for the first time since 1997.

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Road Course Radials

Set limits:
3 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 7 sets for the race
(6 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying or practice)

Tire Code:
D-4882 (same on all four tire positions)

Tire Circumference:
88.58 in. (2,250 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 22 psi; Right Front — 20 psi;
Left Rear — 17 psi; Right Rear — 17 psi

Rain tires will be on hand if needed.

Starting by row.jpg

D9tP250U8AAL1xZ.jpg large.jpg

To the rear: Suarez (engine change), Jones (unapproved adjustments), Weatherman (driver change, he qualified the car for Ross Chastain).

I am so glad that they went back to the full course! I'm hoping that Blaney can get this season's monkey off of his back today. Maybe his power steering holds up, unlike last year. You know his arms had to feel like jello after that race.

Somewhat related, Charlotte announced changes to the bus-stop/interloop chicane on the backstretch of the Roval. Sonoma and Charlotte are both owned by SMI.

D9wi1c2UEAIEvzg.jpg large.jpg

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
I am so glad that they went back to the full course! I'm hoping that Blaney can get this season's monkey off of his back today. Maybe his power steering holds up, unlike last year. You know his arms had to feel like jello after that race.

Now we just need Watkins Glen to run the Boot. I am a huge Blaney fan, I was/am a fan of his dad's. Especially being a Ford person and Dave Blaney winning the only WoO title in a genuinely Ford powered car.

I am in a weird spot as for who my favorite driver is. It was Sr, then Tony Stewart. With Tony retiring I am having to pick a new driver. Tossing up between Larson, Blaney, and Bubba Wallace.

Also to the rear the 51 of JJ Yeley for unapproved adjustments. For those who don't know, JJ Yeley is only the second driver, after Tony Stewart, to win the USAC Triple Crown in one year.

Originally Posted by Warstud
I thought you would be at the race

Thought about it, but it is hot there and I am not a fan of sitting in the heat. Plus you can see so much more on TV. And I wanted to see DW's last call.

95, 12, 14 cars pitting before the end of the stage for track position at the start of the next stage. Tire falloff is tremendous here.

Stage 1 results:

1. Byron
2. Hamlin
3. Longao
4. Larson
5. Almirola
6. Buescher
7. Bowman
8. Harvick
9. Menard
10. Johnson

Free pass to the 27 of Sorenson

Longao is reporting low voltage. They have told him to turn off the fans, including the brake cooling fans. They said the brakes stayed cool in practice on long runs.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Thought about it, but it is hot there and I am not a fan of sitting in the heat.

It's been pretty cool and rainy here this month.

Stage 2 results:

1. Hamlin
2. Keselowski
3. Byron
4. Logano
5. Stenhouse Jr
6. Larson
7. Truex Jr
8. Elliott
9. Kyle Busch
10. Wallace Jr

Free pass to the 51 of JJ Yeley.

All day sitting at Road America watching race 10 min ride home now watching nascar race that's a full day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back