Toyota Owners: Spec for ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘02 Tundra in sig has only had blue bottle Valvoline Dex/Merc that meets DIII, all good. RX is due for a drain and fill, it’ll only be getting WS even after the warranty expires

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
If the transmission on the 06 is sealed, can I pump it out by disconnecting the cooler return line into a bucket?

Yes, but "sealed" doesn't truly mean sealed. What people use that as short-hand for is "no dipstick/fill tube." There is usually a drain as well as fill port on the bottom and the fill port acts as the level check with the AT runing and at a specified temp. You can use a pump or even gravity (with a longer tubing section held up at door-level) to fill it.

Cracking the cooler line open is a good idea when the AT has been run to higher mileage with no maintenance; you can swap out most all the bad fluid that way, and it's more effective and efficient than multiple drain/fills. If it has had regular or at least recent maintenance, a drain/fill with the pan ports is usually more cost-effective.

I changed out the [censored] WS of my wife's Rav4 at 22,400 and the [censored] WS was burn't big time. I pulled the ATF on the "hockey puck" found the return line and flushed out the [censored] WS and filled it Redline D6. Nothing goes into any of my newer cars then Redline or Amsoil trans fluids. Daughters Civic got Maxlife and 2.5 qts of Redline racing and lightweight racing to kill some of the slip additive. 2 qts Type FIE Redline racing, same with the Rav4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back