Toyota Gives Man Brand New 4Runner TRD Pro

I’m sorry, but the humanitarian thing to do (assuming Toyota was going for a humanitarian effort) would have been to do something for the greater good of those involved. A more sincere gesture would have been to help contribute to the victims funeral or medical costs, if in fact Toyota even cared. How about giving a grant to the first responders for updated emergency equipment? No, they didn’t care or think about any of that. They saw an easy publicity target with the wrecked FJ Cruiser and they used it to their advantage. I’m happy for the paramedic who received the new 4Runner, however, Toyota should have also contributed in other ways as well. Of course Toyota turned this into an advertising opportunity complete with the dealership name in the photos, even a little podium to hold a brief media conference. Very distasteful in my eyes. That’s all I have to say about it.
All Toyota did was offer to replace Trey’s vehicle rather quietly... on a Reddit post with a mere 2,400 upvotes 10 days ago and 5 days after he originally posted it on Reddit. It wasn’t until the rest of the media got wind of it did it blow up a few days later. Toyota also pledged $1 million to disaster relief in Texas as well as matching up to $10,000 in donations from their employees to various non-profit organizations recovering from the storm... but you won’t see any of that on the news.

Of all the kinda matte looking pastel colors, I like Toyota’s the best. The slight blue looks cool and not like wet concrete (Ford, FCA/Stellantis)! Trey definitely deserves that for going well and above what was required of him.

Back