Toyota electric parking brake screwup--help!

That's no help if I need it to tell the ECU to cycle the ABS pump or to read codes or whatever. Bound to toss a code someday.

believe it or not, I finally had to upgrade from my Actron OBD2 scanner to a more modern device that will read more stuff
and the ironic thing is the more modern device cost about the same as the Actron did a century ago in automotive years. :) . I don't think it can run ABS pumps or do a Diesel Stationary regen but for slightly more than 100 dollars it has helped me with an ABS problem as well as a diagnostic issue on a modern diesel.. inother words it paid for itself already.

one of these from Amazon.. https://www.amazon.com/LAUNCH-Suppo...ocphy=9012266&hvtargid=pla-569644132061&psc=1

If I needed to pad slap my 2016 Camrys, would i encounter pistons that need to be wound back in? An electric parking brake? :cool:

If I needed to pad slap my 2016 Camrys, would i encounter pistons that need to be wound back in? An electric parking brake? :cool:
Does it have the electric parking brake? if so, no. If it has the manual brake, it shouldn't either, but I'm not up to date on each year's differences, just Toyota's reluctance to make dramatic changes.

On my '11, rear brakes were easy-peasy, just push the pistons in. The parking brake was a separate set of drum brakes inside of the rotor (and worked about as well as any non-functioning drum brake). On this fiasco, while I did wind up turning in the pistons, I think that had more to do with my issues not the car. By putting into the service mode, it's supposed to turn them in for you--but then, if you do a pad slap, you can then push the piston in the normal way.

On mine, again, I screwed up. After getting everything right, I did have to wind the piston back in a few turns, in order to make enough space to fit the new pads. YMMV, so keep it in mind.

Thanks Supton, the take away from this is that I will spend some time on You Tube before I pick up a wrench :cool:
You know, I did the same thing, and still screwed it up. But I certainly am much more knowledgeable about it now!

Back