Toyota BEV Announcement.

Toyota is in the business of mobility. While hydrogen might not work yet for automobiles they are also working on other solutions for hydrogen. Toyota does a lot more than just building cars.
^^^This.
Toyota has NOT abandoned it's hydrogen vehicle development programs, quite the contrary...
"For trucks and vans, batteries may be too heavy and have a long charging time while simultaneously straining power grids across the globe. The interest in utilizing hydrogen fuel cell technology to power these heavier vehicles is gaining momentum as fleets consider a more practical alternative."

^^^This.
Toyota has NOT abandoned it's hydrogen vehicle development programs, quite the contrary...
"For trucks and vans, batteries may be too heavy and have a long charging time while simultaneously straining power grids across the globe. The interest in utilizing hydrogen fuel cell technology to power these heavier vehicles is gaining momentum as fleets consider a more practical alternative."

^^^This.

No they haven’t abandoned the idea but it goes well beyond automobiles which is always the focus here.

Toyota is in the business of mobility. While hydrogen might not work yet for automobiles they are also working on other solutions for hydrogen. Toyota does a lot more than just building cars.
It seems to be working for trucks in Kalifornia I read the other day. Right now though I think if you buy one the only source for your fuel is the dealerships that have sold them. But things will change. Big oil has screwed us so badly I hope they keep them out of the market for this energy source!

Last edited:
^^^This.

The author's partially right, it may work on larger vehicles.

Clearly hasn't done any math. Hydrogen doensnt relieve the grid, it taxes it further.

The speed its coming is closer to the metric system, killer bees, fire ants....

It seems to be working for truck in Kalifornia I read the other day. Right now though I think if you buy one the only source for your fuel is the dealerships that have sold them. But things will change. Big oil has screwed us so badly I hope they keep them out of the market for this energy source!

That's literally the only market in the US that has hydrogen. My closest station is in Canada. The next closest to me is an additional 700 miles further than that in California. Those EVs sure sound like local runabouts and nothing else, right? 😂

That's literally the only market in the US that has hydrogen. My closest station is in Canada. The next closest to me is an additional 700 miles further than that in California. Those EVs sure sound like local runabouts and nothing else, right? 😂
I live a couple of miles from the one hydrogen station in Victoria, which is one of the few in Canada. When I drive by I try to figure out where it actually is but can’t see it. I think it might be jammed in behind the convenience store. I have never seen a hydrogen vehicle here.

Dilithium crystals is the future, Elon knows this and this is why Space-X lives off the money that Tesla brings in.

Yes, Dilithium will be strip mined with slave labor as well.

I live a couple of miles from the one hydrogen station in Victoria, which is one of the few in Canada. When I drive by I try to figure out where it actually is but can’t see it. I think it might be jammed in behind the convenience store. I have never seen a hydrogen vehicle here.

My only experience with it is the videos I've watched and it seems the containment tanks are large above ground buildings, but those mentioned looked like a small gas station. Maybe there are smaller stations/containers.

My only experience with it is the videos I've watched and it seems the containment tanks are large above ground buildings, but those mentioned looked like a small gas station. Maybe there are smaller stations/containers.
I’ll stop in and have a look next time I go by and snap some pics.

^^^This.
Yeah and a point I have talked about in here for the last year comes into play. The public or should I say media pop tarts are out to lunch if they think the USA electric grid will support an all battery EV society or even 20% battery EV saturation on our roadways.
When the day comes that the public wakes up to that fact, H2 might be the answer and guess who will be there ready and able?
Just like they have the answer right now for the Solid State Battery. These ideas and products arent developed overnight.

Let's also keep in mind as pointed out in here H2 is used already in heavy vehicles and also light vehicles like warehouse fork lifts.

Yeah and a point I have talked about in here for the last year comes into play. The public or should I say media pop tarts are out to lunch if they think the USA electric grid will support an all battery EV society or even 20% battery EV saturation on our roadways.
When the day comes that the public wakes up to that fact, H2 might be the answer and guess who will be there ready and able?
Just like they have the answer right now for the Solid State Battery. These ideas and products arent developed overnight.

Let's also keep in mind as pointed out in here H2 is used already in heavy vehicles and also light vehicles like warehouse fork lifts.

I really believe we'll see something else, possibly hydrogen. Electricity is going to have to expand anyway. I had this conversation with someone at work last week and they brought up this idea. If the government is so hard up on going to solar and wind and the government is going to pay for it anyway, might as well pay to retrofit houses instead of taking big tracts of land to throw solar and wind on. At least with wind and the subsidies for farmers to have them on their property, they can still farm around them. I know that already does happen to a degree, but it doesn't seem that common yet. I'll do it eventually, but it's still a large cost to do so even though in the end it will be much cheaper, especially when I'm no longer paying for gasoline.

Diversification, Toyota is working on just that. IMO they are going remain a winner in the long run because of their diversification. To get the grid ready for all electric is going to take a lot longer than many of the EV proponents are willing to admit. IMO Toyota knows the deal.

I really believe we'll see something else, possibly hydrogen. Electricity is going to have to expand anyway. I had this conversation with someone at work last week and they brought up this idea. If the government is so hard up on going to solar and wind and the government is going to pay for it anyway, might as well pay to retrofit houses instead of taking big tracts of land to throw solar and wind on. At least with wind and the subsidies for farmers to have them on their property, they can still farm around them. I know that already does happen to a degree, but it doesn't seem that common yet. I'll do it eventually, but it's still a large cost to do so even though in the end it will be much cheaper, especially when I'm no longer paying for gasoline.
Im not for the Federal government (tax dollars) being dished out and feel best left to individual states so voters have the power over projects. I see the rates on the West Coast and I see my dirt cheap rates in NC and my former SC. I could care less about any thing else and care less about agendas. Let the public decide, lowest price wins for me, no politics but the West Coast is trashed in expensive everything. Free market rules

Im not for the Federal government (tax dollars) being dished out and feel best left to individual states so voters have the power over projects. I see the rates on the West Coast and I see my dirt cheap rates in NC and my former SC. I could care less about any thing else and care less about agendas. Let the public decide, lowest price wins for me, no politics but the West Coast is trashed in expensive everything. Free market rules
Agreed. I'm just saying if they push solar that would be the answer. I just don't agree with that money being thrown around. More people are buying EVs so it's going to either work or not work. As you said, free market. Power companies are going to want that money, so they'll find a way to provide the service.

Yep. That’s how they work. It’s not being first that counts.
First one always captures market share though.
Yeah, think both these statements are the same thing. Even though you are on the opposite sides.

Toyota commands and always commands global vehicle market share and looks like with the up and coming EV powered market they will continue to command, they are all just vehicles and Toyota and GM in the USA rule.

Tesla is a pin prick to them right now but of course one to be taken seriously, yet their lineup is extremely limited and they only produce one type of powered vehicle. Now it turns out Toyota just made Tesla battery technology obsolete. GM meanwhile will not confirm but analysts have been saying they expect GM to pull in up to another 40 billion in profits by keeping production longer in the ICE trucks and SUVs. Let's not forget though, I think right now, GM like Tesla will be stuck with old battery technology, yet at least GM has ICE.

While all this continues to go on, Toyota still builds and plays around with H2 as an electric source for EVs. Never say never, electricity for an EV world has to come from someplace and it's laughable to think that will happen over night with the distrust of nuclear fuel.

Last edited:
More info on 2nd generation hydrogen cars would have been a whole lot more exciting!
You must have not taken chemistry etc. There are articles after article written explaining why hydrogen is not viable alternative. From the low amount found on Earth to the fact that the little hydrogen available is bonded to other elements way high up in the atmosphere. The only real way that hydrogen power would be feasible is if we all lived on Jupiter where hydrogen is the primary element floating freely. Since it's a gas giant and has no land to stand on that isn't feasible either.

Back