Torque Pro Questions

2001 Grand Prix.
I downloaded the PID's for my car, can read engine codes OK, but trying to read ABS it tries to connect but can't.
I also tried to read my wheel speed sensors in real time but won't read.
MPH reads, but not wheel sensors. Any Ideas?
386822719_245745898054509_3601850082663166601_n.jpg

You might have a sucky brand OBD dongle. Sometimes the ABS info is on a different pin or different protocol.

I like the Carista dongle, it's an ELM327 but a "good" one. Torque with 2nd gen Prius PIDs worked great with it.

Oh I didn't know that dongle would make a difference?
Let me see what one I have.
I mean I know I can get a parts store to scan it and everything but I'd like to do it at home something to horse around with you know?

Oh I didn't know that dongle would make a difference?
Let me see what one I have.
I mean I know I can get a parts store to scan it and everything but I'd like to do it at home something to horse around with you know?
This is the one I have
It says,
Includes all P (Powertrain), B (Body), C (Chassis) & U (Network) OBDII codes
for Android Phones ONLY - Wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic OBD2

Scanner Car Code Reader and Scan Tool for All 1996 & Newer Vehicles ELM327 Compatible OBDII https://a.co/d/iqZx4JS

Is this the one you have?.
I went over there and it gives a short list of supported vehicles but it does not show general motors maybe I'm on the wrong one though.

I've often seen one such as this that are about $100.00, and I've always wondered what the difference was.
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool and Check Engine Light Code Reader for iPhone and Android https://a.co/d/35BqRzD

Okay see I think I read this somewhere else one time too. This is from the Amazon page that is selling that blue driver dongle.
Actually this is my question from two years ago but I forgot.
Now I tried to find out back then, from different groups if this was indeed true but I never really got an answer.
Question and answer below.

Q: Will this read abs codes on a 2001 pontiac grand prix se? also, will it show real time wheel speed sensor data on a 2001 pontiac grand prix se??
A: Hello, sadly no the 2001 Grand Prix would not support reading or clearing ABS codes, this is very normal for vehicle pre 2008 actually. I can see that vehicle speed in a live data point but there would not be individual live data points for each wheel speed sensor.
By Lemur Monitors in the United States on November 8, 2021

Try using one of these:

I use it on various GM vehicles (1999 to 2022) and so far the only thing I cannot get it to read/display is the low side pressure of the air conditioning system. It does read the high side pressure on the 2022 Silverado, however.

There are sometimes duplicate named PIDs, or very close to the same name. You may have to try some of the other PIDs.

Try using one of these:

I use it on various GM vehicles (1999 to 2022) and so far the only thing I cannot get it to read/display is the low side pressure of the air conditioning system. It does read the high side pressure on the 2022 Silverado, however.
It's worth a try! I will try one! TY!

Try using one of these:

That one uses WiFi I would rather use Blue Tooth so it can be used away from a WiFi source.
Do you think this one would be just as well?

Try using one of these:

I found this last night too, I really should check this at the ABS module too.
Highlights checking for open at Tan wire from ABS module to ALDC/OBDII port under dashboard for open circuit.
And checking for Battery + and Ignition + power at terminals "X" and 'X" and "X" as shown below. And also checking terminal "X" at ASS module for ground.
I can't get the SOB-ing link to open to copy/paste and I'm getting pretty upset right now with this GD PC and my phone.
I need to walk away from this ATM. Will update this post after bit.

mrbreezeet1 - thanks for saying something about it being WiFi. I have to update my bookmark for the Bluetooth one.

Here is the link to the Bluetooth Veepeak OBD II dongle:

Also, I do not know about the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE unit. I have not tried that one, nor have I read anything about it.

Good Luck!

Okay thank you!
Well I have prime I guess I could try it I can always return it if it's the same way as my old one.
Here is those terminals I was reading about I think I went to the wrong "just answer" page.

pin 13 - red wire - 12 volts battery

pin 14 - red wire - 12 volts battery

pin 8 - pink wire - 12 volt ignitition

pin 12 - black wire - ground

pin 15 - black/white - ground

the data wire is tan color pin 24 . this is the data line that connects to your obd2 connector

Okay thank you!
Well I have prime I guess I could try it I can always return it if it's the same way as my old one.
Here is those terminals I was reading about I think I went to the wrong "just answer" page.
Here are those terminals I was reading about I think I LINKED TO the wrong "just answer" page.

pin 13 - red wire - 12 volts battery

pin 14 - red wire - 12 volts battery

pin 8 - pink wire - 12 volt ignitition

pin 12 - black wire - ground

pin 15 - black/white - ground

the data wire is tan color pin 24 . this is the data line that connects to your obd2 connector
The ones shown above are "supposed to" be for a 2001 Grand Prix. I don't know 100% though.
Some of the pins are manufacturer specific. Here is a link I found useful:

Good Luck!
I'll check it out, Thank You!

Here are those terminals I was reading about I think I LINKED TO the wrong "just answer" page.

Back