Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car forum has a tire thread, why not the bike forum?

What kind of tires are you running on your bike(s)?

I still have the stock Vittoria Rubinos on my '11 Felt ZW75
My '08 Giant Trance X has Continental Trail Kings

Last edited:
My GT Transeo hybrid has Schwalbe Land Cruiser 700x40 tires. These are factory tires.

My old Schwinn mountain bike has Swiss Army 26x1.5 tire. The other tire is some no-name Walmart junk that I should replace soon.

Kenda Nevegals on the trail bike.
Michelin Country Dry on the singlespeed.
Panaracer Extreme Evo 2 on the road bike.
Maxxis Minions on the downhill bike.

Vredestein solid black slicks on my Cosmic Elite clincher wheels with Michelin latex tubes inside.

I have a set of tan sidewall, Vittoria Corsa CXes ('old school look') to put on these, or a better set of big rim section aero carbon clinchers if I ever save enough for them!

Originally Posted By: cutter
Felt f3c road - Michelin Krylion Carbon
Samson Track - Michelin Pro 3 Race
Soma Rush fixed daily bike - Vittoria Rubino Pro

Do you race at T-Town (in reference to bolded above), or do you use this bike as an early season miles 'pedalling circles vs. squares' training device??

Road: Continental Grand Prix 4-season 700x35c
Cyclocross: Specialized Captain 2BR 700x34c tubeless
Mountain: Specialized Renegade Control (rear) and Specialized Captain Control (front) ... tubeless

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Do you race at T-Town (in reference to bolded above), or do you use this bike as an early season miles 'pedalling circles vs. squares' training device??

I run Michelin Krylions on my Cannondale CAAD10 105. They are smooth and fast. I prefer them over Gatorskins, but they don't mount easy due to limited stretch.

Specialized "armadillo" road tires. They are the only ones I've found that really resist all the redneck broken beer bottles around here.

The tread gets cut up fairly badly, but I get very few punctures. Only once did I have to put a patch inside the tire due to a cut. Maybe 2 puncture flats in the last 5000 miles.

On conventional tires, I'll get a flat every other ride. It ain't worth it.

My Cannondale Rize has a Schwalbe Nobby Nic up front and a Kenda Small Block 8 on the back.

My SX Trail has Specialized Clutch and Chunder.
I have experimented with Maxxis Minions (Super tacky's) but I prefer the Spec tires definitely! They are really tough tires with a great compound for the riding I do with it. I'll probably buy them again when these ones are done.

On my 29er...
Currently running a Specialized Ground Control S Works up front and a Tioga Psycho Genius on the rear.

Geax Streetrunner 1.6 is the fastest 26 i've found. used to run nimbus, then michelin street and these are faster and more corning grip. this compound is stickier somehow, but long lasting. i put hundreds of miles on them before they're done

Stock dunlops. I got 15000 out of the last rear and I've gotten 25000 on the front but its definitely due for a change now.
I'm thinking avons next time,or another pair of dunlops. I cannot complain about the mileage I got from them on my 850 pound bike plus 210 pound rider.

Onza Dave and Dan. Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Pros: Wear like iron, resist mesquite and locust thorns better than any tire I've ever had, self clean real well, and grip everything from hardpack to mud. Best offroad traction I've ever had. If you break these loose, you would have already been down or stuck with IRCs, Maxxis, or WTBs

Cons: Heavy pigs, rolling resistance on pavement, and I can't find them anymore.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Stock dunlops. I got 15000 out of the last rear and I've gotten 25000 on the front but its definitely due for a change now.
I'm thinking avons next time,or another pair of dunlops. I cannot complain about the mileage I got from them on my 850 pound bike plus 210 pound rider.

That's one heavy bicycle.
wink.gif

The latter, I usually go on west river drive when it's blocked off or any deserted road. Helps cadence too.

Originally Posted By: Gillsy

I run Michelin Krylions on my Cannondale CAAD10 105. They are smooth and fast. I prefer them over Gatorskins, but they don't mount easy due to limited stretch.

I too like them over Gatorskins (done with them). After having Marathon Plus tires, everything is easy to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back