Tires That Last Forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks in, it's hard to tell if the 303 "sinks in", or that it's still on the surface and gets smeared by the file.

Regardless...same number of file passes on treated or untreated rubber gives the same (approximately eyeballed, this isn't 540Rat precision eyeballing), and the same, albeit darker pile of filings.

It's interesting filing rubber...the wear scar and refuse pile are way smaller then (say aluminium)

I've always achieved high mileage on BF Goodrich All Terrains and Mud Terrains on my Jeeps and even my Ford Pickup. The pickup has about 50k on them and they have barely worn. They are cracking, though, after about 8 years or so, so they will be replaced. (They are the KO version, which are terrible in the rain.)

My Jeep has gotten 60 to 70k out of BFG's, with plenty of tread left when I replaced them. I do some off-roading and like to have good tread depth. I probably could have gotten 80 to 85k out of them.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
I've always achieved high mileage on BF Goodrich All Terrains and Mud Terrains on my Jeeps and even my Ford Pickup. The pickup has about 50k on them and they have barely worn. They are cracking, though, after about 8 years or so, so they will be replaced. (They are the KO version, which are terrible in the rain.)

My Jeep has gotten 60 to 70k out of BFG's, with plenty of tread left when I replaced them. I do some off-roading and like to have good tread depth. I probably could have gotten 80 to 85k out of them.

Same here. I got 80k out of the ones on my Ranger and only got rid of them because they started to crack. I gave them to a buddy who used them for two years before retiring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back