TIRERACK : COOPER Pro Control performance

They look interesting . Up against GENERAL TIRE Altimax RT45 , FALKEN Sincera SN250 A/S and TOYO TIRES Extensa A/S II .

They look interesting . Up against GENERAL TIRE Altimax RT45 , FALKEN Sincera SN250 A/S and TOYO TIRES Extensa A/S II .

The review would not sell me these tires...both in steering and noise...tire imput was not great in the rain...steering seems to be mentioned alot ...as not great..

For my Civic I literally just purchased the Falken Sincera tires but haven't had them mounted yet. I needed 185/65-14 and options are scarce to say the least. I wanted a name brand tire and Falken has been making race tires for awhile now but just recently started manufacturing them for street use. I probably would've been better off with the BFG's but then TR wanted $40 more per tire so I couldn't justify the difference in cost. I don't have any experience with the Cooper's other than they seeing their commercials on TV a lot and they don't make anything in this size.

As stated my choices were very limited from TR... BFG, Falken, General, Goodyear, Hankook, and Toyo which really was my 2nd choice and were rated about the same vs the Falken's but were also H instead of T rated which I liked better but honestly my car won't even know the difference and the treadwear wasn't quite as good for the Toyo.

For my Civic I literally just purchased the Falken Sincera tires but haven't had them mounted yet. I needed 185/65-14 and options are scarce to say the least. I wanted a name brand tire and Falken has been making race tires for awhile now but just recently started manufacturing them for street use. I probably would've been better off with the BFG's but then TR wanted $40 more per tire so I couldn't justify the difference in cost. I don't have any experience with the Cooper's other than they seeing their commercials on TV a lot and they don't make anything in this size.

As stated my choices were very limited from TR... BFG, Falken, General, Goodyear, Hankook, and Toyo which really was my 2nd choice and were rated about the same vs the Falken's but were also H instead of T rated which I liked better but honestly my car won't even know the difference and the treadwear wasn't quite as good for the Toyo.
Falken has been selling consumer tires for a long time. I bought some back in 2006, and I think they had already been around awhile at that point.

Falken is made by Sumitomo. Cooper is now made by Goodyear.

If they have any affiliation or make tires for each other in different markets I don’t know. If anyone here might it would be @CapriRacer

Falken is made by Sumitomo. Cooper is now made by Goodyear.

If they have any affiliation or make tires for each other in different markets I don’t know. If anyone here might it would be @CapriRacer

This is really complicated. And every time I think I have a handle on it, it changes.

Take Cooper. Goodyear bought the company, which had everything any tire manufacturer needed to operate. R&D, management and sales offices, employees and, of course, factories. What is Goodyear going to do with all that? As often as this has happened, you'd think they would have it down to a science. But I've seen it turn sideways. AND most of the changes won't be in the news. The only way you'd know is by being an employee. And rarely does the buying company just close everything and just use the brand. It's always more complicated than that!

This is really complicated. And every time I think I have a handle on it, it changes.

Take Cooper. Goodyear bought the company, which had everything any tire manufacturer needed to operate. R&D, management and sales offices, employees and, of course, factories. What is Goodyear going to do with all that? As often as this has happened, you'd think they would have it down to a science. But I've seen it turn sideways. AND most of the changes won't be in the news. The only way you'd know is by being an employee. And rarely does the buying company just close everything and just use the brand. It's always more complicated than that!
Often hard to predict bcs over time folks learned real mergers work better than take over’s - notice XOM kept the Mobil lubricants …

As CapriRacer has stated it really does get complicated, Sumitomo does own Dunlop and Falken but evidently Goodyear has the rights to
Dunlop here in the USA. A lot of times I've found when one company buys out another could be a number of things from wanting their suppliers and/or contacts, technology, a larger distribution network, etc... but occasionally they will just buy them out to get rid of their competition.

Don't forget Uncle Cooper knows what's best for your vehicle.

Last edited:
Back