Tire sealant causes vibration?

Has anyone tried putting tire sealants as a puncture prevention and suffered vibrations? I am considering installing some in my old Camry without tpms since I drive to a country nearby

Do not do it. It can throw the tire assy out of balance. What is worse, the sealant such as slime will badly corrode the inside of the rim. I used it twice long ago on a lawn tractor. The inside of the rims were so bad with flakey rust they were almost ruined.

Yes, it frequently causes vibration and alters balance.

If you are intending it preventatively as stated, don’t do that. Carry it, use if necessary, then get the tire repaired. Tell the tire tech it is inside so he can take precautions.

It can but even if it didn't i still wouldn't use it. I only keep a can of that crap for my wife so she can get home, so i keep a can in my suv's. But i have a plug kit in everything and i've plugged tires instead of changing them even when i had a spare.

I've used it with success for a tire with a "mystery leak" I had to top off weekly. If you're concerned about flats, bringing a rope patch kit will help more.
Don't forget to bring something to inflate the tire as well.

Back