Tire recommendations for a RAV4

Yes, I only buy tires from places that offer roadforce balancing. It’s best for any defective tires to be discovered at the time of purchase. I had the misfortune of getting a few out of rounds from buying online or from dealers that didn’t have RF balancers; I spent in excess of $300 correcting these situations

If you roll out with defective tires, you will be on the hook for diagnostic and mounting/balancing charges to correct it.

Over the past decade I have received a few out of rounds.
Kelly: 2 of 4 were out of round.
Pirelli: 3 of 8 were out of round.
General: 1 of 12 were out of round.
Continental: 0 of 12 were out of round.
Michelin: 0 of 4 were out of round.
Goodyear: 0 of 4 were out of round.

The General tire that I bought that was found to be out of round was a very early RT43. We haven’t had any issue with our other RT43s, they are a high quality, comfortable, and confident tire.

Yea I think I might be dealing with that on my Honda Civic. I put Pirelli P4 on it and the front has never been able to balance, taken it to 4 different shops and no luck. I still get steering wheel shake at 75-80 mph as well as something I can only describe as side shift? its like the steering wheel shimmies to the side while I'm driving. Shocks are all brand new and had the suspension inspected to make sure there was not something else going on. I'm looking for a RF balance place to check it out next for that car.

Back