Time for service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked in a GM (Pontiac) shop, a ditzy broad had her Grand Am towed in for 'failure to start", which should have read 'failure to turn over after it died on me'. Anyway....she never had an oil change in the first 22,000 miles since the car was purchased new. I guess it just doesn't occur to some people that engines even contain oil at all. The engine was siezed, as it had gotten cold outside and the 'oil' (chocolate pudding) stiffened up and didn't pump. Unbelievably, GM warrantied the engine. I was floored. People like this should ride a bike, if they can manage to maintain it.

A friend responded to the "inspection and tighten bolts" service on his car. He painted all the undercarriage bolts with clear nail polish, every one. After the service, when the service manager told him that they really to check the undercarriage, he asked if SUV could be put on the rack to show him. Guess what? There was not one painted bolt that had been touched with a wrench. Guess this place uses "THE FORCE", to make sure customers are safe.

The 02 Accord has a blinking maintenance light that will go off every 7.5K miles. Surely he's at least seen that. If not, 20K is scary, but it ain't all that bad. By the way you sound, he probably babies it and not too hard on the oil. Good thing he had enough sense to ask a BITOG member. I wish I could get my car detailed every week and only put 20K miles on it in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back