Time for first oil change?

Correct but engines are still the same. Aluminum and steel parts rubbing against each other, and when new, wearing in and removing the microscopic peaks on the surfaces of those parts.

And there are those here complaining how much oil their car uses between changes. Maybe because the engine wasn't broken in properly?
I've never " broken in " an engine . I've owned many new vehicles and just drove them as I normally would .

I'm nearing 1,000 miles on my 2023 Toyota Camry 2.5L. I am considering changing the oil at 1k, 5k, then every 5k afterwards, or should I just wait until 5k and do every 5k?

As far as oil and filter, I was leaning towards Mobile 1 0w16 and Fram Ultra filter. Is this a good choice or should I consider something else?

Thanks!!
I like the idea of changing oil and filter at 1k miles and then 5k miles. After that it would depend on your location, driving habits etc. If you change oil every 5k miles then I wouldn't worry about a top of the line filter. If every 10k miles then a Fram Ultra would be a good choice. 0w16? Personally I would not use that grade of oil even if it's free, but maybe that's just me. I like 5w30 in most applications in Toyotas.

Back