Those with 150,000 miles or more, check in

I have two vehicles with over 300k miles.
2001 BMW 540 M-Sport owned basically since new. Currently at 346,00 miles. All I did was use the approved BMW LL-01 oil and an appropriate Mann, Hengst or Mahle oil filter and change it every 7500 miles.

2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7L currently around 312,000 miles. This one I have owned since around 25k miles. Oil changes every 6k to 7.5k miles. I use whatever 5w-30 synthetic is on sale...Mobil, Kirkland Signature, Quaker State, Pennzoil, STP, whatever. Filters same, Purolator, Bosch, but for the past 5 years Toyota as I found the local dealer has them cheap when purchased in quantity of four or more.

Never did anything special to get to where I am now, I follow a preventive maintenance schedule and fix stuff promptly when they break.
Just did oil changes last month and the BMW is now at 361,000 miles and the Tundra at 340,000 miles.

Even with transmission and diff fluid changes every 80k to 90k on the Tundra to coincide with timing belt changes, the torque converter gave out recently. Dealer suggested a factory rebuilt Toyota transmission would make the most sense, considering the labor to just do the torque convertor. $5500 out the door with tax seemed like a bargain so went for it. Surprised only a one year warranty, but it drives and shifts like new again.

IMG_4381.jpg

tundra.jpg

Just did oil changes last month and the BMW is now at 361,000 miles and the Tundra at 340,000 miles.

Even with transmission and diff fluid changes every 80k to 90k on the Tundra to coincide with timing belt changes, the torque converter gave out recently. Dealer suggested a factory rebuilt Toyota transmission would make the most sense, considering the labor to just do the torque convertor. $5500 out the door with tax seemed like a bargain so went for it. Surprised only a one year warranty, but it drives and shifts like new again.

View attachment 206992

View attachment 206993
That 540. 🤤

More pics of that one, please.

162,000 on 2014 4runner. Got it with around 60k on it. Did a couple 5k changes at first with 0w20 Mobil 1. Then switched to 10k changes after that with mostly Mobil 1 products and a few Schaffers Supreme and a few Supertech synthetic. Using 5w30 full synthetic now and usually a 20k rated oil for 10k OCIs. Runs like the day we bought it and keep all fluids serviced.

2007 Honda Fit (currently 323k miles)
Sport A/T

Original engine and transmission
IMG_0277.jpeg
IMG_0276.jpeg

I would post pictures, but it’s got a lot of body damage from a couple wrecks (neither my fault) it’s just I can’t afford to get it fixed. Still, it’s been reliable and I’m gonna drive it until the wheels fall off or the body rusts away. 🙂

A neighbor down the street bought the Fit new in 2007. He gained weight in the following year and struggled to get in & out of it. Sold it after three years. Drawing a blank as-to what he bought next. Ken died from blood cancer around 2019.

His wife's Grand Caravan is probably 10 year-old with only 20k miles. She hardly ever takes it out of the garage.

Back