This is just wrong

Ray is fairly pragmatic and honest with his approach to customer vehicles. He's in Florida so I am sure he sees a lot of hoopties.

Ray is fairly pragmatic and honest with his approach to customer vehicles. He's in Florida so I am sure he sees a lot of hoopties.
I know people believe in him but it took 2 videos to show me the type of work he does. Never would a respectful shop agree to mechanic in a can on rod knock nor would they put new rod bearing in an engine without mic of journals. The other one was a comeback of rear brakes where a pad slap was done. Didn't do job right and had to eat it. Cost shop money on new pins. Sanded rust since no pay. Again not done right.
Worked on so many "Hoopties " never did I take money foolishly. Give them options to repair and if they couldn't afford it then it went down the road.

Last edited:
I know people believe in him but it took 2 videos to show me the type of work he does. Never would a respectful shop agree to mechanic in a can on rod knock nor would they put new rod bearing in an engine without mic of journals. The other one was a comeback of rear brakes where a pad slap was done. Didn't do job right and had to eat it. Cost shop money on new pins. Sanded rust since no pay. Again not done right.
Worked on so many "Hoopties " never did I take money foolishly. Give them options to repair and if they couldn't afford it then it went down the road.
It's between new bearings or new car. He is the guy down the road as you'd say. A lot of videos is him fixing the mistakes or other mechanics/dealerships. You are being overly critical considering the car wasn't worth the metal holding it together.

Hard to watch a hack, that uses the wrong tools, uses tools wrong, drops tools, forgets to loosen parts when they’re still bolted up. He thinks he’s great, but he’s really just a hack.

I had to give up.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be cranking the drain plug down tight enough that a 12 pt would round it off. In my experience, it's the threads in the pans of Japanese oil pans you need to be concerned about damaging.

Yeah that's true ^^^^^^^^

I did buy a new 17 mm drain plug for the Acura I have now.

The old one was starting to round off and was not in the best of shape. And that was done prior to me getting the car.

Back