Think I broke my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BubbaLikesOil
One night I was drinking with the guys after a rough shift on the rigs. anyway, my buddy told me about bitog and some threads about the 20 wt Ford wants in their trucks. My new F-150 was due for its first oil change

Ok, the problem is that you bought a Ford. I would trade it in on a Chevy or GMC. The Fords are known for their oil problems. LOL.

Seriously, I think your engine is ok. I would put some 5W-20 back in there and take to the dealer and dont say anything about your experiment. The only thing I have heard to ruin an engine that fast is silicate (of cash for clunkers fame) or running an engine with no oil. It is probably some kind of sensor problem.

It's got to be StevieC. Only a Canadian would refer to Gulfport, MS as "Gulf Port".

Gulfport, the only place where an ear of corn is known as a means of meeting women...

Originally Posted By: el_zorro
Ok, the problem is that you bought a Ford. I would trade it in on a Chevy or GMC. The Fords are known for their oil problems. LOL.

Seriously, I think your engine is ok. I would put some 5W-20 back in there and take to the dealer and dont say anything about your experiment. The only thing I have heard to ruin an engine that fast is silicate (of cash for clunkers fame) or running an engine with no oil. It is probably some kind of sensor problem.

Wonder if those bay techs ever get the idea of putting that junk in people's cars for fun.

Originally Posted By: BubbaLikesOil
One night I was drinking with the guys after a rough shift on the rigs. anyway, my buddy told me about bitog and some threads about the 20 wt Ford wants in their trucks. My new F-150 was due for its first oil change, so we dumped the thin factory stuff and put in some 50 wt cause it gets real hot down here in Mississippi and mine is a work truck. Well it started and ran for a short bit then heard a louder and louder knock. We shut it off but now we got an engine light and it won't turn over for anything. Anyway, we dumped the 50 wt and put in the 5w20 Ford wants but still won't turn-over. I'm going to take it in to the dealer, think they'll know about the 50 wt for the warranty?

don't ever take advice from a drunk buddy who took advice from some internet post from someone in australia named overkill? that runs the 50wt in these Fords without problem. Sure messed mine up real bad.

I fell out of bed laughing on this one, a real humdinger. I'm floored, to say the least. I got some 0w-20 in mine and couldn't fathom a 50 weight, never could be drunk enough for that. Coors and budwiser couldn't make enough beers, amIright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back