Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

Driving and walking around town.

Police station. It's a small town with many narrow streets. Emergency vehicles are appropriately sized.

Tanuki sighting - it's a benevolent yokai or spirit animal based on an actual animal, the raccoon dog.

Fishing boats

Lake Hamana which is actually a lagoon.

Last edited:
Crazy building in Calgary.

54B151CC-24E6-411A-A1CC-3FE89F1F975E.jpeg

By the way, the cute little car in one of the pictures a few posts up is a Subaru 360 (1958-1971).

Can anyone tell in what car I was being carted around?

Dad and I opened the cottage today. Lake was beautiful, nobody on it, we were the first ones up in our bay.
View attachment 217783
My 1st cousin once removed just built a new cottage on Balsam Lake about half a mile north of the big island.
The property taxes are getting out of hand he complains.
"If the kids want to keep the place, they can pay the taxes."

My 1st cousin once removed just built a new cottage on Balsam Lake about half a mile north of the big island.
The property taxes are getting out of hand he complains.
"If the kids want to keep the place, they can pay the taxes."
Yeah, they can be nutty. We are on an island, so they are less than on the mainland, but still pretty dear.

Hamamatsu, population ca 800,000

The bus terminal can be seen to the left

Shinkansen sighting - I don't know yet if I will get to ride the bullet train this time.

Bicycles everywhere, fat people not so much.

I headed for Act City, a complex comprising shops, event halls, hotels, a park, and an observation deck on the Act Tower (699 feet).

I saw a wasp making a nest

Act City and Act Tower

The building was designed to resemble a harmonica because Roland, Kawai, Yamaha, etc, are HQed in Hamamatsu.

Inside

Last edited:
Back