The sun will rise in the west! Cox lowered bill

I got an email from them for a deal of $50 for 250/25. Was $70 for 250/10. So I'm just warning everyone that some weird things might start happening in the world...humans rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together! They also had another option of $65 for 1gb/100, but at this time, I don't need it...though it was tempting. I am wondering if it's a preemptive sales/marketing strategy because they know something is coming and it's better to put out the competitive pricing ahead of time instead of playing catch-up. Cox is so dominant here and service has been great, but can charge whatever they want because of this. I saw nothing in the fine print that set off any alarms, either. Basically the same wordage used on previous agreements. We'll see, but I'm happy to save $240 a year!

Good to hear. Hell may be freezing over, though.

My auto insurance just went down, too. No idea why but I'm not arguing!

Good to hear. Hell may be freezing over, though.

My auto insurance just went down, too. No idea why but I'm not arguing!
Wow! Time might start going in reverse! Mine went up over $200 in the past year. I just called my agent about my homeowners...I got one of those update letters so we'll se how that goes.

Car values are lower/
We have 4 cars.
2 of our cars bottomed out in value....years ago. Lol

One of our cars took a hit in value as it's new. I'm surprised my rates went down 20%, though.

No accidents, tickets, or claims in 10 or 15 years. If that matters.

We have 4 cars.
2 of our cars bottomed out in value....years ago. Lol

One of our cars took a hit in value as it's new. I'm surprised my rates went down 20%, though.

No accidents, tickets, or claims in 10 or 15 years. If that matters.
The last sentence cannot hurt your case.

I’m paying those greedy jerks $110/month for 500mbps down/20mbps up and unlimited data.

Ugh, do you have Metronet available by you? I'm about to switch over; symmetrical speeds for a lot cheaper than Comcast.

We have comcast and Verizon Fios in our area so that helps keep things lower. Also have a lot of 5g home internet options to add to the competition. I’m paying $38 per month all in for 300/300 from Verizon… They recently raised it $3, which isn’t too bad…

I only have one provider in my area. So their rates are what they want. At least they give great service.

A very FEW select individuals very close to a cell tower. I mean, line of sight within less than a mile might be able to take up Verizon or T-Mobile on their special pricing for a cell based internet router and service. If your one of them you can keep your current provider and try them out for free for a couple weeks, then decide.
Verizon runs specials as low as $35 a month for 5 years, T-Mobile depending on the flavor of the day runs some awesome ones too.

A very FEW select individuals very close to a cell tower. I mean, line of sight within less than a mile might be able to take up Verizon or T-Mobile on their special pricing for a cell based internet router and service. If your one of them you can keep your current provider and try them out for free for a couple weeks, then decide.
Verizon runs specials as low as $35 a month for 5 years, T-Mobile depending on the flavor of the day runs some awesome ones too.
(y)

I looked up my address and a plan with Verizon which is comparable to what I have is $20 more, with the fine print saying I'd have average speeds of 85-250 down. I could go, pricewise, down to $45, but would have to sign up for the cell service. TM was similar. I occasionally check my speed on Ookla and have always hit in the high 290s for the 250 service.

(y)

I looked up my address and a plan with Verizon which is comparable to what I have is $20 more, with the fine print saying I'd have average speeds of 85-250 down. I could go, pricewise, down to $45, but would have to sign up for the cell service. TM was similar. I occasionally check my speed on Ookla and have always hit in the high 290s for the 250 service.
Without question you have a good deal. Some people are really stuck with high prices and slow service. Cell is an option IF and only if they can see the tower "down the road"

I got an email from them for a deal of $50 for 250/25. Was $70 for 250/10. So I'm just warning everyone that some weird things might start happening in the world...humans rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together! They also had another option of $65 for 1gb/100, but at this time, I don't need it...though it was tempting. I am wondering if it's a preemptive sales/marketing strategy because they know something is coming and it's better to put out the competitive pricing ahead of time instead of playing catch-up. Cox is so dominant here and service has been great, but can charge whatever they want because of this. I saw nothing in the fine print that set off any alarms, either. Basically the same wordage used on previous agreements. We'll see, but I'm happy to save $240 a year!
Google Fiber is moving into the valley. They are installing it in many areas as we speak (Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, and Chandler). Cox has been fighting them in court for 8 years to keep them out of Scottsdale, but I don't think that they can keep Google out of there indefinitely, they must have lost the battle or are about to.
Once Google Fiber moves in it makes the current Internet providers get right with their prices. I witnessed this myself in Austin. When Google offered me their service I jumped on it, it was 5 times faster down and 50 times faster up for $30 less per month. When I called Spectrum to cancel service they immediately offered to double my speed and cut my bill in half for a year, I told them to pound salt. I think that the big guys have figured out that they need to get right with their speeds and prices BEFORE Google moves in. My guess is that this is what is happening to you.
BTW, the Google Fiber service is outstanding. Also, they didn't charge for installation and they don't price gouge you with extraneous fees.

Google Fiber is moving into the valley. They are installing it in many areas as we speak (Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, and Chandler). Cox has been fighting them in court for 8 years to keep them out of Scottsdale, but I don't think that they can keep Google out of there indefinitely, they must have lost the battle or are about to.
Once Google Fiber moves in it makes the current Internet providers get right with their prices. I witnessed this myself in Austin. When Google offered me their service I jumped on it, it was 5 times faster down and 50 times faster up for $30 less per month. When I called Spectrum to cancel service they immediately offered to double my speed and cut my bill in half for a year, I told them to pound salt. I think that the big guys have figured out that they need to get right with their speeds and prices BEFORE Google moves in. My guess is that this is what is happening to you.
BTW, the Google Fiber service is outstanding. Also, they didn't charge for installation and they don't price gouge you with extraneous fees.
I remember the news when Google was coming to Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale and couldn't wait considering the price I was paying back then. I think it was a lawsuit by Cox against Tempe which nuked the deal for everyone at the time. It's two years out with my current plan and haven't heard about any expansion into Scottsdale so I guess it's a waiting game. Cox is doing some sort of upgrade in my area on Thursday, 5/9. They didn't give any details, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the offer I got. I've watched Google's prices/deals over the years and they have changed. When the time comes, I'll see about playing Cox against Google to see what I can get. Cox's service has been great, but hit or miss when you call them. Last year I had a monthly "repair service fee" attached to my bill without my approval, but did get it taken off and refunded. We'll see.

Back