The Psychology of Oil Bottle Color in Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought Pennzoil was nuts for having all their oils in a yellow jug. However; when I walk into my Walmart and see a 5 foot yellow row, I'm attracted to it long before I can read the label. Maybe these PR guys know me more than I realize. Ed

I do like the Castrol Edge black bottle. Odly, I never used it. I started researching for a HM oil, and the Castrol Edge HM does have an impressive additive package.

I shop on price and spec. That being said, I am more attracted to bottle design shape than color. I do like Mobil products big mouth lid on the quart bottles though over others

Castrol Classic Green

CastrolClassic2050.jpg

Definitely some money spent on a nice bottle and graphic design. Most oils are going to rely on the marketing as much as the approvals they carry.

Even though I never use penrite despite being Aussie, they do have a good bottle aesthetics. Their grades makes zero sense though. Hpr5, ten tenths racing, enviro (low saps). Tricking people with rubbish labeling "extra ten" puts me off too.

I don't really care about bottle colors, but I do love buying ATF because it usually only comes in single quart bottles. Idk why, but I looooove the single quart bottles

Mag1 synthetic oil comes in clear bottles
smile.gif

71T2BJNX9YL._SL1500_.jpg

Originally Posted By: Smoqueed
I don't really care about bottle colors, but I do love buying ATF because it usually only comes in single quart bottles. Idk why, but I looooove the single quart bottles

because they are easier to pour, and when you have a little bit left, it stays in the smaller bottle rather than a big jug
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

because they are easier to pour, and when you have a little bit left, it stays in the smaller bottle rather than a big jug
smile.gif

Draining off my used oil into 5 or 6 little quart bottles REALLY sucks. I hate quarts!

BTW, my firewall didn't like the xado.us site referenced a few posts above.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

smile.gif

Draining off my used oil into 5 or 6 little quart bottles REALLY sucks. I hate quarts!

BTW, my firewall didn't like the xado.us site referenced a few posts above.

I told you I don't trust those suckers!
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
I want metal cans ...

Penrite high zinc classic for you my friend. A modern oil made for classic cars and gentlemen of discerning taste.

600.124.jpg

Originally Posted By: SR5
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
I want metal cans ...

Penrite high zinc classic for you my friend. A modern oil made for classic cars and gentlemen of discerning taste.

600.124.jpg

Fair dinkum, mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back