The Marines may have lost an F-35, but the USAF lost a truck load of Krispy Kremes…

There are documented cases of bears opening up cars to get at a pack of (wrapped) chewing gum.

Imagine the temptation of a load of Krispy Kreme. This is a textbook case of undersestimating your opponent’s capabilities and intentions. Hopefully they’ll learn and incorporate this into some security studies at the Air University at Maxwell. ;)

Bears will eat almost anything

Hungry.jpg

I went to Krispy Kreme one time. That was enough for me.

Bears aren't that picky

You are a quicker learner than me.

When I lived in South Carolina, locals raved about how great hot, fresh Krispy Kreme donuts were. So one time I stopped at a Krispy Kreme and got a dozen glazed for the family. None of us found them to be all that.

Fast forward 20 years, Krispy Kreme has done a massive expansion across the country, and now there are Krispy Kreme locations all over Utah, where I have moved back to. One evening my wife and I are looking for a little snack before getting on the road to go home, and decide to give them another try. Maybe this location is better. Maybe we were too harsh long ago. Maybe we made the wrong selection. Second time around, I got a cruller. That was a bigger disappointment than the first time.

So yea, in my opinion, the bear did the soldiers a favor, by eating the donuts so they didn't have to.

I need ten volunteers to...uhh...police call. The f35 can wait, it's probably in some PFC's pocket.

Back