The Hunt Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

388F8B6D-4B05-4A21-84D0-CDCC1B33158F.jpeg

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by atikovi
I'm 62 and I don't think it rides that bad.

Have you actually ever got into and out of an Elise?

Yes- I almost bought a supercharged Elise instead of the 2er.

Let me rephrase that. Have you actually ever got into and out of an Elise with the top on?
lol.gif
If so, you must be a pretty flexible 62 year old. Or rather short.

I'm not sure exactly what your budget is, but I think Caymans are some of the best sports cars available. I would try to get into a 981/982 Cayman.

Thanks for all the suggestions; as some of you know, I'm a cross-shopper to an extreme degree.

Originally Posted by glock19
I'm not sure exactly what your budget is, but I think Caymans are some of the best sports cars available. I would try to get into a 981/982 Cayman.

After the past 50k miles in my 2015 Cayman, there hasn't been a single moment that I regretted ordering it.
I look forward to many years of tacking on many hundreds of thousands of additional miles.

BC.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I've never met anyone over 40 who thought the 370Z rode well.

I'm 62 and I don't think it rides that bad. And as I said, it's the old school choice- red LED instrumentation anyone?

But Old school REAL front suspension - not compromised mac struts. Still a little glitzy and the engine is too fat now at 3.7L.

I will say I enjoyed my old 98 M roadster better than most anything - but I could feel the struts up front were letting me down some.

I Had just driven an S2000 before i bought the M Roadster - surprisingly it felt like a japanese approximation of a sports car. The manual trans would not keep up with the engine - which was rough running and uninspired off cam. The BMW M trans was the best ever experienced and rock solid.

Porsche = a dull competence

I would check out a Maser GT with the Ferrari V8 that Wings mentioned . Solid engine there. And cheap to buy and maintain. A bit piggy but... Too bad no shift it yourself..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Porsche = a dull competence

Great quote, perfectly describes the ownership experience. Back in ~2001 when we bought our 996, I was angling for a Lotus Esprit V8.....went for the 'dull' option.

Tough choice, especially since you've got an M235i already! It's really hard to improve on that car.

The 370Z has classic sports car appeal to me, but the Cayman S is just about perfect. But if you soup up the M235i a bit, is the Cayman really better? I don't know.

Originally Posted by drtyler
Tough choice, especially since you've got an M235i already! It's really hard to improve on that car.

The 370Z has classic sports car appeal to me, but the Cayman S is just about perfect. But if you soup up the M235i a bit, is the Cayman really better? I don't know.

As I said, I can take my time. Lots of options with no rush to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back