TG3600 - 1 year OCI - 5175 miles

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Off DOHC 1.9 Saturn. Plenty of short trips, but multiple highway runs mixed in.

Various oils used including Delvac 1300, Mobil 1 30 weight, Rislone, LiquiMoly 2009, Heinz 57 dripping bottle LOL, Motorkote, MMO!
Whatever, I just check the dipstick on the regular and keep the sump full at all times. These engines use oil, this OCI the rate was approximately 1200 miles per quart.
20220122_171706.jpg
20220122_172337.jpg
20220122_173825.jpg
20220122_173536.jpg
20220122_173355.jpg
20220122_173102.jpg
20220122_173506.jpg
20220122_173016.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty decent. I'm surprised there isn't more crud caught in the pleats after seeing all the crud in the can. Maybe the stuff in the pleats is way down in the pleat creases - ?.

I will be cutting and spreading out the media in the near future. I cut the can open 3-4 days ago and applied several rounds of paper towel wraps to it to wick out most all the oil.

Ok here we go . Seeing all that crud at the bottom is one reason I really like the bypass design of the Ford Motorcraft oil filters . Yes I'm aware their micron rating of 30 is nowhere near the best . My plan with my Ford Superduty is motorcraft in the winter and Fram XG in summer . More bypass in the winter starting , am I correct in this statement ?

Ok here we go . Seeing all that crud at the bottom is one reason I really like the bypass design of the Ford Motorcraft oil filters . Yes I'm aware their micron rating of 30 is nowhere near the best . My plan with my Ford Superduty is motorcraft in the winter and Fram XG in summer . More bypass in the winter starting , am I correct in this statement ?
Think about the fact that it is still on the bottom of the can when cut open...

Think about the fact that it is still on the bottom of the can when cut open...
I did think about that , it's there and not on the clean side . Lots of rockin and rolling going on removing filter and cutting it . Could have back washed out of the pleats I suppose .
Roofless your a smart fella , am I right or wrong on oil filter going to bypass more often in a cold weather start up ?

I did think about that , it's there and not on the clean side . Lots of rockin and rolling going on removing filter and cutting it . Could have back washed out of the pleats I suppose .
Roofless your a smart fella , am I right or wrong on oil filter going to bypass more often in a cold weather start up ?
The thicker the oil / the higher the rpm, the higher the likelyhood of a bypass event.

One of the better bargains in the filter world. Very good efficiency, decent capacity, and this one seems well constructed.
Nothing but admiration for that filter.

1200 miles per quart??? Wow!
1200 miles per quart is acceptable for an S-series, and for some modern manufacturers considered 'normal' ??? 🤣

Some S-series owners have to add a quart of oil every time they fuel up, eg 250-350 miles.

1200 miles per quart is acceptable for an S-series, and for some modern manufacturers considered 'normal' ??? 🤣

Some S-series owners have to add a quart of oil every time they fuel up, eg 250-350 miles.
Looks good. What oil and filter went back in and on?

^^^^^

About a gallon of Delvac 1300 15w-40 and about 10 ounces of Motorkote and a Wix 51516.

This is a short run flush following the Chemtool idle flush performed before the oil change.

Within the week I plan to dump the oil leaving the Wix in place and adding 3 quarts of Mobil 1 and about 15 ounces of 'HEINZ 57' oil which includes Rislone, traces of Motorkote, LiquiMoly 2009.

I'll run that until May and then use pure Mobil 1 5w-30 and an Orange Can of Delight

Everybody loves Mike the fixer amirite?

Last edited:
Unless you have a Subaru.

Back