Tesla Model 3 used car index - San Francisco

During the Great Recession of 2009 the number of Porsche 911’s for sale on autotrader in LA went through roof.

I propose we watch Tesla 3 sales in San Francisco since there seems to be a disturbance in the Force. There are currently 175 Model 3’s for sale on autotrader in San Francisco. I’ll report back later this year. :D

DF2FF200-3E9E-401E-9EDD-B8AF7E76F1D0.png

Last edited:
How many miles away from the zip code is this filtered for? You'd definitely want to use the same filter when you post this again. Or is it just in that one zip code?

How many miles away from the zip code is this filtered for? You'd definitely want to use the same filter when you post this again. Or is it just in that one zip code?
Good point. I just got onto autotrader and typed in San Francisco and Tesla 3. 94103 seems to be on the screen. I'm open to adding more zip codes if it will help.

8C012BC4-4CE0-4AE8-BF13-ABFFB6D97922.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't necessarily suggesting adding any zip codes. Its just that when I was searching for used cars in the past, I was given the choice to filter out all results not within a 10, 25, 50, or 250 mile radius from a given zip code. If you aren't careful about using the same distance, your "results" would be far off, you wouldn't be comparing apples to apples.

Maybe someone can suggest what zip codes to add. Thanks.

I thought those in the Tesla cult purchased those cars for 500,000 or more, practically free miles with minimum maintenance costs.
300K or more, but there are some further examples. The cars are not that old yet. We Tesla owners love our cars so much, it is cult like. There's a reason for it; other cars pale.

Here is a list of all cars makes within 10 miles of that SF zip code. Lots of cars for sale, not just Teslas.

Scott

View attachment 144452
Can you identify the source of the data? It identifies 104 Tesla’s but auto trader identifies 170 Tesla 3’s.

It seems the area is dominated by BMW’s at 356. What we’re looking for is a large increase in upper end cars for sale, which can be caused by distress, be it increases in lines of credit, job losses, or general nervousness in the high tech industry.

Last edited:
@JeffKeryk if only the owner of the Company were not such a "character"... (and I REALLY want to use other words that are perhaps more negative 😐)...
Love him or hate him (I do both), Elon has changed the world. Of all his companies, my favorite is Neuralink; Musk wants to make parapalegics walk. Amazing stuff. Of course, there's SpaceX; I think Mars wants him back.

Can you identify the source of the data? It identifies 104 Tesla’s but auto trader identifies 170 Tesla 3’s.

It seems the area is dominated by BMW’s at 356. What we’re looking for is a large increase in upper end cars for sale, which can be caused by distress, be it increases in lines of credit, job losses, or general nervousness in the high tech industry.
That was Autotrader. I think changing make from the original search brings up that screen, or something like that.

Scott

Tesla is going nowhere and will eat big boys breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If a Rav4 can be priced a tad less than a Model 3 with a 8 month turnaround clearly the big boys are struggling (at least Elon does have to feed the stealerships) and Tesla will win. I was in another neighborhood walking my dog the other day and a birthday party had cars parked in the road, there was 20 cars and 12 were Model 3 and Y (no S/X).

300K or more, but there are some further examples. The cars are not that old yet. We Tesla owners love our cars so much, it is cult like. There's a reason for it; other cars pale.
Cults aren't healthy. Just ask the heavens gate people... oh wait they all drank kool-aid laced with cyanide.

Back