Take Root Organic Canned Tomatoes

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I saw these on Amazon and a few other sites. I've neither seen nor heard of them before. Has anyone tried them and have any comment on their quality and taste?

I'm looking for a less expensive organic, canned tomato for some of those mid-week, thrown-together, leftover-using dishes in which my preferred, expensive tomatoes would be more-or-less wasted. These are about 2/3 the cost of my usual canned tomatoes.

Take Root.jpg

Try googling it or look at some of the food review sites like sporked. That mighty give you a general idea. You might just want to try them as taste varies person to person

Try googling it or look at some of the food review sites like sporked. That mighty give you a general idea. You might just want to try them as taste varies person to person
Thank you. I know all of that and have done some of what you suggest. I'd like comments from folks here as well if there are any..

Last edited:
for a savings of 1/3 I'd continue to use your preferred tomatoes.
Most are a race to the bottom for quality.
Or just try them. Taste is a personal thing and if they are bad you are out 1 can?

Maybe google can help you with ideas... a review of a bunch of canned tomatoes.

Maybe google can help you with ideas... a review of a bunch of canned tomatoes.
I'm familiar with that site and have tried many of the tomatoes they mention. Their #1 pick is my go-to canned tomato.

for a savings of 1/3 I'd continue to use your preferred tomatoes.
Most are a race to the bottom for quality.
Or just try them. Taste is a personal thing and if they are bad you are out 1 can?
Of course I'm going to try them. I know where to purchase them locally and will pick up a couple of cans when next in the area.

I used to grow and can my own tomatoes. Hard to beat those. Sorry to say, those days are long gone.
Made own own salsa as well, much better than store bought stuff. All grown from my garden along with the peppers and onions.
Had to purchase herbs from Hy-Vee, I never grew those.

Rely on Farmer's Market now.

Back