Synthetic OPE 2 Stroke Oil--What Are You Using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Stihl Syn oil for my stihl blower, weed wacker and chain saw. It doubles the warranty life.

Last edited:
Motul 800 off road.....and iPone Samurai (strawberry scent)......I dont use much my 2stroke OPE equipement....so higher priced 2stroke oil is not draining my wallet
smile.gif

Amsoil Saber in my Stihl trimmers, blowers, and chain saw. I mix the Saber at the Stihl recommended 50:1 ratio.

We have non-ethanol 91 fuel here, which all my outdoor power equipment gets.

As I draw close to the end of the season (a month or so out), I begin to use fuel stabilizer as well to ensure proper distribution through the entire fuel system.

When the equipment is finally put away for the season, I unscrew the spark plugs and give them all a shot of fogging oil.

I just mixed my first gallon with Red Armor - haven't run it yet. It meets the Echo specs (obviously), is supposed to stabilize fuel for up to 2 years, claims to have cleaning properties, and is readily available at HD. My only observation is the oil in the bottle has a faint smell of rotten fish - I hope and doubt that will be noticeable in the exhaust.

Originally Posted By: Touring5
I just mixed my first gallon with Red Armor - haven't run it yet. It meets the Echo specs (obviously), is supposed to stabilize fuel for up to 2 years, claims to have cleaning properties, and is readily available at HD. My only observation is the oil in the bottle has a faint smell of rotten fish - I hope and doubt that will be noticeable in the exhaust.
LOL - well, I hope not, else every stray cat in the area will come running.
laugh.gif

I mixed up my first gallon of red armor the other day , little to no smell at 50:1 thru my blower.
The $13 squeeze bottle is enough for 6 gallons @ 50:1 or 5 gallons @ 40:1. Pretty cool , the bottle has measurements for both ratios.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Touring5
LOL - well, I hope not, else every stray cat in the area will come running.
laugh.gif

LOL. I got a chance to run it in a Toro snowblower and my Echo blower this afternoon - no terrible exhaust smell (if anything it smelled like lemons). The mix does retain some of the stink I described originally.

I think that you guys are missing a really important part of the two stroke oil equation.

Does it smell like you remember it should?

I admit that I use the Stihl silver bottle oil in my OPE engines and it's great but boring and smells bad.

Whenever I finally get around to restoring my 1973 Suzuki TS-185, it's getting Belray two stroke dino snot.

Last edited:
I am using the Poulan Pro full synthetic.

It works great and I got several bottles of it for practically nothing on final clearance at Wal-Mart earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back