'Sup with Wally World?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$13.50 for a five quart jug of Pennzoil! We are only asking to buy oil not buy a share of Royal Dutch Ltd. There was only ONE jug of oil under ten bucks and that was Mobil Clean 5000. Super Tech was $11+, Q.S and Valvoline were $12 as was Castrol and Havoline was $10.88.

Was at Sams Club today. They had Castrol GTX in 5 qt 2-packs (10 qts total) for about $22.00. I was surprised their prices weren't different from Wally's or any other non-warehouse club retailer. Dunno wassup with Pennz but it sounds like Wally's price on Castrol is pretty tight.

Originally Posted By: SmrtJustin
I noticed this when I went with my friend to pick up oil for his car. We ended up going with MaxLife for $.50 more.

Smrt choice.

Valvoline SynPower is back down to $23.86 for a 4.4L jug after rollback around here.
grin2.gif

I'm still sitting on a couple of 1 cent gallons and a case of .99 cent Exxon Superflo. Not to mention all the 10. a gallon Synpower I have in reserves. Love the oil stash.

That's a 35% increase for Valvoline !!
shocked2.gif

Checker has a 99 cent sale - you can go there to get cheaper oil...

At my local WM, Valvoline Fully Synthetic in the 5.5qt jug is $18.00 and PP is $19.00 for 5qts....everything else shot up! Time to stock up. At least gas prices are lower :)

Originally Posted By: KA426
$13.50 for a five quart jug of Pennzoil! We are only asking to buy oil not buy a share of Royal Dutch Ltd. There was only ONE jug of oil under ten bucks and that was Mobil Clean 5000. Super Tech was $11+, Q.S and Valvoline were $12 as was Castrol and Havoline was $10.88.

I bought a 5 quart container of Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart last month, which now happily resides in my engine, for $USD23.75. That is a significant decrease from the $USD37.00 I paid for the same oil for my last OCI.

And you're complaining of minor cost differential?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: globey
I'm still sitting on a couple of 1 cent gallons and a case of .99 cent Exxon Superflo. Not to mention all the 10. a gallon Synpower I have in reserves. Love the oil stash.

Im down to 2 5qt jugs of Superflo...
frown.gif

Walmart seemed to of hiked their prices lately. Heck last week I checked their syn rotella and it was about $1 higher/gal compared to Advance Auto!

Yep, everyone laughed at the stashes. I've only bought about two gallons of oil in the last year, and those were just more deals I couldn't pass up. Love my stash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back