Summer tire suggestion - no bounds ;-)

Hey BITOG!!!

I know I could piece this together myself, but I'm interested in what the collective could find. My bride's ZR2 has aggressive wheels and tires on it, and while they are less than 50% worn with ~45k on the truck, they are getting loud. In my past, I would take these tires and retire them to off-road duty. I am looking for inexpensive wheel/tire combo for the Colorado in something of an all season. While it comes standard with 17's, I don't mind moving up to anything including 20's. Looking for a reasonable solution with decent rims...prefer darker (NO CHROME).

Hey BITOG!!!

I know I could piece this together myself, but I'm interested in what the collective could find. My bride's ZR2 has aggressive wheels and tires on it, and while they are less than 50% worn with ~45k on the truck, they are getting loud. In my past, I would take these tires and retire them to off-road duty. I am looking for inexpensive wheel/tire combo for the Colorado in something of an all season. While it comes standard with 17's, I don't mind moving up to anything including 20's. Looking for a reasonable solution with decent rims...prefer darker (NO CHROME).
Can you find a set of takeoffs? I have done that before.

maybe...but in my experience, I can get a unique rim and tire of my choice for less $$$ than an OEM takeoff.
Sometimes. I remember on my 02 I got a set of GM wheels with new tires from a guy for 800 bucks. That was me surfing craigslist.

Love the Continental Terrain Contacts I put on the Grand Cherokee. Quiet, good handling, not chunking from gravel roads, etc. Also just pulled a camper to Lake Tahoe and back last month.

Here they are when they were new

IMG_6610.jpeg

I was really hoping this was gonna be a no-bounds summer tire for the Vette, because I was gonna suggest Hoosiers 😅

Love the Continental Terrain Contacts I put on the Grand Cherokee. Quiet, good handling, not chunking from gravel roads, etc. Also just pulled a camper to Lake Tahoe and back last month.

View attachment 185012

I like the look, but too aggressive for summer use, and not nearly aggressive enough for winter/off road.

View attachment 185012
Are they round? Any uniformity issues? Because that seems to be a semi common complaint with continental truck tires.

I like the look, but too aggressive for summer use, and not nearly aggressive enough for winter/off road.
I’m not sure how that makes sense?

IMG_0552.jpeg

Are they round? Any uniformity issues? Because that seems to be a semi common complaint with continental truck tires.
I couldn’t be happier with them. I had the Cooper AT3’s on it before and hated them. The tread was chunking off from gravel roads and they were insanely loud.

Back