Suggestions for new office chair

I have a $257 Serta office chain in 2020. I use it every day.

The cushion seems worn out. Feels like I am sitting on a metal chair. Chair looks fine. Leather in fine shape. I like everything except worn out cushion. My butt hurts by lunchtime.

Considering a new office chair. Consumer Reports suggests a Steelcase one for $450.

Also consider a replacement cushion.

Or an add-on seat cushion

Both my wife and I have yet to purchase an office chair that didn't require extra cushions, and / or pillows at some point. The more expensive the chair, the longer you can go without any extra padding.

But no matter, in time ALL will require a little something extra for your back and butt. Another issue many encounter with these chairs are height adjustment cylinders that start to leak.

Again the higher the price, the longer most seem to last. With that said, I had a $480.00 chair have a cylinder go in just 6 months. I was able to get a refund after a little complaining. My current chair is going on 4 years, and it still holds height like the day I bought it. It was inexpensive.

I saw this on a deal website: Herman Miller is currently offering 20% off all of Gaming chairs and desk such as the Embody G and Vantum G.
You can get an Extra 5% by using coupon code EXTRA5. I have a credit for a Staple chair that broke so I will most likely get one there. Good Luck!

Another vote for the Herman Miller line. Quite a few yrs ago I was gifted a HM Aeron from a guy I know that was doing Bank of America remodels and said they were going to toss a handful of those chairs that had been in use for many years. Gave it a quick cleaning and the thing still sits/functions like new. I doubt I ever would've spent that much on a new office chair in the past, but after having one this long and knowing it will last as long as I do I can understand the expense.

If you are in an urban area, you should be able to find inexpensive used or reconditioned Herman Miller Aeron chairs.

Get on Facebook, eBay and Craigslist and look for a Herman Miller. They're out there for sale at less than half new cost. I got one when the pandemic started, and it's still perfect today. $250. The guy had about 10 of them sitting around in his warehouse, some of them waiting for repair parts. Tip: when you get a chair, upgrade your wheels. I love these things
Screenshot_20230502-080330-290.jpg

There's also used furniture places, I went and sat in a few chairs there until I found one that felt right. No idea what brand it is but has all the adjustments and feels like my $4-500 one at work.
I would go sit in a few for a while though, see what you like.

I have a $257 Serta office chain in 2020. I use it every day.

The cushion seems worn out. Feels like I am sitting on a metal chair. Chair looks fine. Leather in fine shape. I like everything except worn out cushion. My butt hurts by lunchtime.

Considering a new office chair. Consumer Reports suggests a Steelcase one for $450.

Also consider a replacement cushion.

Or an add-on seat cushion
Herman Miller via Craigslist. I bought my Aeron for $350 5-6 yrs ago.

Highly recommend a mesh chair, whether HM or another brand. Used if necessary to meet a price point. Only issue is if you pass gas lol.

I have the $200 LazyBoy from Costco. I think it's got a 10 year warranty. Been in it 6 months. I like it so far and I'm a big boy and pretty picky about this kind of thing. I can't stand those mesh seat/back chairs. This is an old school upholstered, padded chair with leather.

I have the $200 LazyBoy from Costco. I think it's got a 10 year warranty. Been in it 6 months. I like it so far and I'm a big boy and pretty picky about this kind of thing. I can't stand those mesh seat/back chairs. This is an old school upholstered, padded chair with leather.

I like mesh seat/back chairs. Got one from Staples and very comfortable for my back.

Back