Streaming current TV on smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I recently picked up a Samsung smart TV and thought I would check here before wasting more time trying to figure one
issue out.

We want to stream recent episodes of current season shows. For example, we on our computer we can go to www.nbc.com and watch last week's episode of Parenthood. When I try to do this on the smart TV it doesn't work. Am I missing something? Or is this their way of getting people to pay more money for content?

Computer does so much free.

They charge for mobile devices & smarphones, Smart TV and other devices.

Basically you need to get a paid hulu+ account for smart tv.

Other options are:

1) if you have powerful computer (eg i7 processor) you can stream using Chromecast($35 device) the screen from a Chrome tab playing on your computer.

2) HDMI cable to TV from computer for free

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Computer does so much free.

They charge for mobile devices & smarphones, Smart TV and other devices.

Basically you need to get a paid hulu+ account for smart tv.

Other options are:

1) if you have powerful computer (eg i7 processor) you can stream using Chromecast($35 device) the screen from a Chrome tab playing on your computer.

2) HDMI cable to TV from computer for free

why would you need a powerful computer
the chromecast connects to the internet directly and processes on the device?

Originally Posted By: Rand

yes, and no...things like netflix and youtube, yes, direct to the web, but opening the page in chrome, then using the "cast this tab" feature, steams to the chrome cast from the pc, and depending on your local network conditions, there can be significant lag time.

Last edited:
Watching TV on your TV?

Xzibit_AG036.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rand

why would you need a powerful computer

For Hulu+(eg paid), Netflix, YouTube , Google Music yes it does.

For direct streaming from anything that is not available in the current above app set you need to stream from Chrome running on a PC/Mac. I think i5 is okay too but notice occasional blips on wife's computer. I use it for Xfinity(family's account), wife uses for sadly for general hospital from ABC, and Hulu. I also have been running Aerio($8/month) for local TV paid that is streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back