STRANGE POLL.......please join me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the deal, ive lurked on here since 06, so please dont treat me as "just a newbie", thanks! So ive found myself in a disagreement in the ope section...Im convinced a lawn mower is in a much dirtier enviroment than a standard passanger vehicle driven on paved streets......im in ky so im not factoring in a desert/etc, just "normal mowing conditions vs normal driving conditions"......so you tell me, what is the dirtiest environment?

Last edited:
Lawnmower. At least mine. I don't really have a bad lawn (very little dirt) but I end up having to clean the Air filter on it every 2-3 weeks or it gets completely clogged with dirt. By the same token, my air filter that is on my focus is 13,000 miles old, and it is still perfect. Okay, that was winter. Well, the PureONE on the expedition has been on one year, and 18,000 miles, and is still clean.

Who are you disagreeing with that says lawn mowers work is a cleaner environment then a passenger car? Seems odd someone would say that as most typical cars driving on paved surfaces do not accumulate as much debris in their air filters.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Who are you disagreeing with that says lawn mowers work is a cleaner environment then a passenger car? Seems odd someone would say that as most typical cars driving on paved surfaces do not accumulate as much debris in their air filters.

+1!!!!! i will not answer your question as i want to keep this fair!!! but i do invite you to view the "who oils their pre filter" or something like that in the small engine section... excuse me its the "oiling the foam" post in small engines, it begins on page 2, please do chime in, thanks

Last edited:
You could probably find some equipment in a mine that has it pretty rough with all the dust and whatnot. Plus some minerals are really corrosive.

Lawnmower has a dirty life and sucks in lots of dust/dirt/grass thrown around by the blades.

Cars get nice clean air assuming you aren't following someone down a dirt road.

I skimmed through that thread and I agree with you that lawn mowers usually kick up and draw in more debris. I was in a similar argument over foam filters in that forum. My opinion was they were useless unless regularly oiled and even then questionable compared to paper filters for fine filtration. I'm not saying all foam pre-filters are supposed to be oiled, but I feel your frustration having been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back