Stole some Propane

Today I was delivered 100 gal of propane for $1.68 gal. from Amerigas. They usually have this kind of deal in the summer when things are slow. I got a post card offering this deal. Didn't make sense because it is the beginning of the heating season. Then the guy tells me that it's the end of their Fiscal year and they are trying to get all they can. I mean what can you buy these days for 1.68 gal.?

Today I was delivered 100 gal of propane for $1.68 gal. from Amerigas. They usually have this kind of deal in the summer when things are slow. I got a post card offering this deal. Didn't make sense because it is the beginning of the heating season. Then the guy tells me that it's the end of their Fiscal year and they are trying to get all they can. I mean what can you buy these days for 1.68 gal.?
How many gallons do you use in a typical winter?

Did the driver want to be paid in cash?

Definitely a good deal. I have no idea what propane is right now, but I’m guessing it’s around $2.50 a gallon?

Definitely a good time to fill up. With the harvest season comes grain drying here which will increase prices.

I get filled with summer fill price and use about 350-375 gal a year.. This year was $1.63, last year was $1.99. That was the highest I've ever paid.

Here are two screen shots to help explain the current status on propane. One is the huge growth in propane exports. Also the massive increase in natural gas production has produced a glut of propane. The spot price of propane has been dropping since the beginning of 2022. Enjoy.

E53A2D06-5D7D-4207-8AB2-58B262D1D4FA.jpeg
53747C2D-D88F-40C5-8B0A-7025262A34F3.jpeg

Burn it like you stole it!

Amerigas is a mega corporation and they probably have some ridiculous reason for getting rid of tons of propane.
Maybe there's a container ship on its way with a contracted price and Amerigas is trying to empty the terminal to make room.

Back