Stihl Fuel Stabilizer and Gas treatment

Looking for any info I can find on this product. Have looked extensively on this site as well as the web. Looked on Stihl's site both US and Europe.
Nothing... Nada... Zero....

There is a guy on the DEN Craigslist site selling cases of 12, 8-oz bottles of this stuff for $20.00
Seems to be a good deal as one OZ treats one Gal.

1689701619195.jpg

1689701640591.jpg

Thanks.

This looks like a close match, but with metric units and Australian-friendly spelling. I note the label on this one has a Sta-Bil logo in addition to the Stihl branding. The ratio of stabilizer to fuel is the same (considering rounding/truncation differences in unit conversion) as the one you're looking at.

I'm not aware of a Stihl 4-stroke in recent history, besides their "4-MIX" engines. Given that those use 50:1 oil/gas mix, and Stihl's 2-stroke oil contains stabilizer, this seems like it's been a redundant product for quite some time.

Thanks very much.
I looked on their site by part number and exact name but found nothing.

What I didn't know is about your statement of limited shelf life. That took me down a rabbit hole on the Stabil site.

"If you have an unopened bottle of STA-BIL, it will be good for up to five years. Then once you open the bottle we recommend using within two years for best results. However, after the two years you may still use the product as a fuel system cleaner as long as there is no sediment or flakes. After the two years the product will no longer be effective for storage purposes and we recommend a fresh new bottle."

The site referring to the stabilizer product actually oxidizing with age.

I'm guessing the stuff on C/L is probably pretty old given the fact that they have changed the product since then. I'm going to pass on buying any of this.

This looks like a close match, but with metric units and Australian-friendly spelling. I note the label on this one has a Sta-Bil logo in addition to the Stihl branding. The ratio of stabilizer to fuel is the same (considering rounding/truncation differences in unit conversion) as the one you're looking at.

I'm not aware of a Stihl 4-stroke in recent history, besides their "4-MIX" engines. Given that those use 50:1 oil/gas mix, and Stihl's 2-stroke oil contains stabilizer, this seems like it's been a redundant product for quite some time.

Very good find. Thank you!

So it's probably just rebranded Stat-Bil. That's where I get the limited shelf life. Of course they like selling it too,

What is the shelf life of STA-BIL® FUEL STABILIZER?​

The shelf life of all STA-BIL® brand products is 2 years after the bottle has been opened, provided it has been tightly capped and stored in a cool, dry place. It will not harm anything if you use an old bottle of STA-BIL® brand, it just may not be as effective.

Back