Stellantis Propulsion Engineer Interview About Their New Hurricane Engine

Just checked, they take the same squirters (392/6.4L and 6.2L) so would just be more volume through the same orifices.

Specifically regarding the Demon:

What are your oil temps like? Do they stay close to coolant temp or do they get a fair bit higher?
Both my 6.2 and 5.7 have the same temps....hovered around 220 once fully warmed up and driven normally for a while.

The 6.2 saw 250 at times when driven hard. Don't really drive my 5.7 hard like the 6.2.

Both my 6.2 and 5.7 have the same temps....hovered around 220 once fully warmed up and driven normally for a while.

The 6.2 saw 250 at times when driven hard. Don't really drive my 5.7 hard like the 6.2.
I drive my 6.4L pretty hard but can't really get the oil temps up to that level, which is expected, you've got like 525HP on me, lol.

Just checked, they take the same squirters (392/6.4L and 6.2L) so would just be more volume through the same orifices.
Anyone know if there's a difference in oil pump relief pressure between those pumps? The one with higher output also have a higher relief pressure?

Anyone know if there's a difference in oil pump relief pressure between those pumps? The one with higher output also have a higher relief pressure?
I don’t think there is. I see the same pressures at higher RPMs between my 5.7 and 6.2. Idle pressures are a different story.

He talks about oil around 22:20. Amongst other things, he talks about the normal Hurricane calling for 0W-20 and the High Output calling for 0W-40 when both engines are essentially identical.

Makes me even lean more to filling my '23 Ram 5.7 with 5W-30 instead of 0W-20 that it calls for.

Engineer Deep Dive 3.0L Hurricane
That’s what I would do if I were you and is what I do.

Back