STANLEY CUP picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and what is everyone's STANLEY CUP pick this year? Of course as a tried and true PENGUINS fan, I am taking the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS over the NASHVILLE PREDATORS or ST LOUIS BLUES. If its not the PENGUINS, it will be the MONTREAL CANADIENS over above said teams. Also, what does the C with a H inside the C on the CANADIENS jersey mean? I know, how many of you members know this trivia question? I would throw up in my mouth if the FILTHADELTHIA CRYERS won the STANLEY CUP ALSO.

adam

Although a Kings fan....I think that this year might be either the Ducks....or Sharks.

IMO....t he playoffs should be great this year...with a shortened schedule. Players should have a lot more life in the legs and bodies....after this short season.

Cmon now. You know who, the team you overlooked purposely. They are better than when they won the cup in 2011.

BTW I played HS Hockey with the Old 29'er.

Originally Posted By: shell_user
Hello and what is everyone's STANLEY CUP pick this year? Of course as a tried and true PENGUINS fan, I am taking the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS over the NASHVILLE PREDATORS or ST LOUIS BLUES. If its not the PENGUINS, it will be the MONTREAL CANADIENS over above said teams. Also, what does the C with a H inside the C on the CANADIENS jersey mean? I know, how many of you members know this trivia question? I would throw up in my mouth if the FILTHADELTHIA CRYERS won the STANLEY CUP ALSO.

adam

Adam,

Here is the explanation of the Montreal Canadiens jersey.

"In 1916, an "H" for Hockey replaces the letter "A". The change is linked to the purchase of the team by the Canadien Hockey Club, run by Mr George Kennedy. A blue stripe is added above the white, at the bottom part of the jersey as it now truly begins to resemble the Canadiens jersey as we know it."

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/jerseys-and-logos/1909-1946

I know the Toronto Maple Leafs won't be in the cup hunt. That's why I gave up on Hockey at the age of 12.

Regards, JC.

Yeah, I know. Not gonna' happen this year.

But it's still the most awesome hockey song since Maxine Nightingale's "Right Back Where We Started From" (which is only a funny joke if you've seen "Slapshot" 200X like me
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Chicago over Boston

I still like Chicago. Cant believe I called this back in February.

Chicago over Boston

That was a nice call, you got the teams correct but you missed it on the eventual winner
wink.gif
. Go Bruins!
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: coolbird101
Chicago over Boston

That was a nice call, you got the teams correct but you missed it on the eventual winner
wink.gif
. Go Bruins!
whistle.gif

Anyone know who Vegas picked for the winner?

Originally Posted By: coolbird101
Chicago over Boston

wink.gif
. Go Bruins!
whistle.gif

What a crazy last 2 minutes. I should bet for real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back