Springfield single shot .22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the above mentioned bolt action single shot.22 youth model. looks to be around 30-40 years old.. barrels has a few light surface rust spots, the stock has been drawn on with a hot iron (diamonds, snakes, ect) the shoulder stock has a steel plate on it. the trigger looks like crome..

i picked it up cheap for my son to learn with after his first air riffle, with the above mentioned info whats a good used price ? im wondering how i did.

how much did you spend? honestly it all comes down to condition and availability,but i would think from all you mentioned about it $125 would be the most i would spend on it and i'd be more comfortable with $100 .

With the stock in that condition I would say around $75. I see them pretty often for around $100-$125 in really good condition.

$40 is what i gave. remember its older, i did some priceing online and it looks like most makes of this kind (NEW) go for $110.00 to $140.00 but thats new, this older youth rifle is pretty good and used.

$40 sounds about what I'd give (but I'm a cheapskate). A single shot 22 is something that everyone should have, even if it doesn't get much use. Loads of fun.

Get some of the CCI CB Shorts (or longs, they cost a pinch more). Less noise than the air gun, IMO. It's been a while, but I ran some through my 24" 22, and you could hear the firing pin hit the cartridge--no need for ear plugs at all. Funny to hear the firing pin, the pop as it leaves the barrel, and the ding as it hits the target. Fun stuff.

thumbs up, will give them a shot
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back